Weird File Keeps Appearing

Android412

OSNN Addict
Whenever I watch a WMV file, it places a file named "dxva_sig.txt" in the folder where the WMV is. I've googled it and it seems to be divx related, but didn't find an answer as to why it's created, or how to stop it from being created. The file seems to be useless, just the letter B. Not a HUGE deal, because it only creates one file per folder, and it's only 1kb. Just really annoying.

Any idea on how to stop this thing?

Android412

(already virus and spyware scanned)

You might wanna try this.

It seem to have something to do with the latest Radeon driver release.

Anyways the fix is a Codec 75 install.
But Windows being the POS it is - installing Codec 75 from good'ol MicroSoft ala:
http://codecs.microsoft.com/codecs/i386/voxmsdec.CAB

You can find security settings wont allow for this codec to be installed ...go figure!

So some kind person on the net made a quick and easy .exe that installs the needed codecs without the need for ****ty windows security settings to be altered. YAY!

http://www.keystonelearning.com/company/support/files/Codec/codecpatch1.0.zip

Didn't work.

Just to make sure I did it right, you just right click on the config file, install, then run the keystone patch?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back