Website Change

That's what I want....I want some clean and readable, but nice.

Got one in mind?

A couple of clean but more stylish fonts are Myriad Pro and Helvetica Nue -- you have either of those? I can suggest more if you'd like.

Hmm... not sure really. My font websites are linked from my computer at work, but I'm not there right now.

You might try Verdana, I think that's a pretty standard font.

I don't guess you have Adobe CS2? I know Myriad Pro is included with that package.

I don't guess you have Adobe CS2? I know Myriad Pro is included with that package.

Creative Suites I assume? Because it's not with Photoshop.

I wanted to look at it. But I'm out of luck.

I do have Adobe CS2, let me check again for that font.

Yea I have that font, it's not the greatest one. Is Helvetica Nue one of those...

And anyone know how to do that box thing.

update menu...

Interesting idea. Not sure that I would put the navigation at the bottom of the page unless you made the page height small enough to ensure that people wouldn't have to scroll down to navigate to another page. I had to scroll down, so when I first pulled up the page I thought "where is the menu?"

Sorry you didn't like the fonts -- I figured you were looking for something clean since that's what you had before.

yea thats the problem with that menu, frig i hate this designing area...

First off, I like this concept tons better than the last two you were working with.

The menu that is embeded in the bottom image is the best one yet. It really brings the theme together. For this image to work on the bottom though, you must scroll the site contents between the two layers of people. (invisible layers?)

Anyways, I'm pretty sure that you just threw that little welcome message together, however if you plan on using it - I would remove that part about the months and months. When somebody looks at your site possibly to hire you to do a job, the fact that - in their eyes - if it seems that you will be working months and months, might not go over well :s

Over all, Nice Job :)

Ok, this is another idea.....but for this to work, I need to know how to use javascript..

The hands (main graphic) on both the top and bottom I'd like to move away when someone clicks on a menu item....

I don't know any javascript at all, nor how i'd code it into the website....

HELP!!

Last edited by a moderator:
this is what I have right now, and this is in the browser...

Last edited by a moderator:
You can probably find some scripts online that will achieve what you want. You'll just need to fill in the blanks.

Yes, but I wouldn't know what to look for. My point.

I'm not sure what you're asking here. Are you wanting someone to give you the code you need, or to tell you how to search for it?

Find an example of what you're wanting to do and post it here. Also, you could look at the source code of that page to see how it's done.

I was asking what to search for, or the code lol.

I will find a webpage of kinda what I want....

It would probably be too slow on slower connections, but you could put a mouseover for the entire field to have a different trigger mapped to each of the links. You would need to preload the images though.

Why don't you use flash? Javascript might not be the best choice here.

In regards to load times, I would think Javascript would load more efficiently than Flash - but I could be mistaken.

I assume it depends on the code and how it is used, however.

I'd got with javascript just because it doesn't require the extra application -- anyone can view it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back