Web slowing?

By the way, the comparison is here
And freeserve aren't the slowest in the uk, just the slowest out of the 15 tested... either way its still bad :p

im on nildram dsl
and they are pretty ****ing decent, when i first had it about 10 months ago they used to have slight noticable downtime (few hours on a sunday here and there) but recently ive had NO downtime whatso ever, no problems, and lightning quick speeds n tings

Cheers Speedy I'll be checking those ISP's out soon ;)

Freeserve - expect a call :mad:

Mubbers

Oli_G
had it about 10 months ago
You been in that house nearly a year now then?! doesnt seem that long.

Mubbers - Give 'em hell :p
I'm on Freeserve dial-up as its one of the best dialup packages I know of, but when BT enable DSL here on june 4th, I'll definately be with Nildram

freeserve is £6.99 for the first 3 months then £12ish after that

i just did a compare on adslguide.org and nildram does deliver the goods followed by pipex

nothings changed aol still the slowest mofos out the big companys

bt broadband (my isp) doesnt do too badly with speed
and ive had NO downtime since ive been with them

Reverted to old connection and speed restored. Someone at Freeserve is taking the P***.

They are, I've been lurking around the freeserve.* newsgroups (freeserve.help.misc mostly) recently, and a lot of people seem to be having problems.
There's a fair few people jumped ship over to Tesco's ISP aftr the recent price hike too.

When I first went online (dial-up) I was with Tesco.net and never had a problem, good service right from the start.

SpeedyB - I got these results from adslguide.org :

Downstream 467 Kbps (58.4 KB/sec) 504 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 252 Kbps (31.5 KB/sec) 272 Kbps (inc. overheads)

Which appears to be better than data quoted for Nildram... ?

Must admit I'm now confused :D

Mubbers

The adslguide tests where an average, you may be on an un-busy exchange, or very close to the exchange, or just in a good area/position in relevance to the servers, im sure there are people who get 350-400k down, and some who get around 500k.

The tests where just a general indication of the overall performance throughout the UK, you seem to have gotten a good connection there though :)

w00t freeserveve here we come:cool: i'm gona swap in bout 2 weeks when easter/study leave begins so i can once again be on 24/7:p £6.99 for 1st 3 months

i'm payin 4 it meself though......parents will still be payin 4 Aol:rolleyes:

hahaha, now there's logic, do you have 2 phone lines? or is that just the biggest waste of money ever??

im with bt broadband... they 0wN you all. so stick with the big ppl and you cant go wrong:cool:

Originally posted by SPeedY_B
hahaha, now there's logic, do you have 2 phone lines? or is that just the biggest waste of money ever??

1 phone line:p

w00t i now have AcidMax

Here in India, I get an always on, 64kbps internet connection (through a Network Address Translator) for around Rs. 1000 per month ( around 12.5 pounds per month) :cool: :blink:

Originally posted by SPeedY_B
The adslguide tests where an average, you may be on an un-busy exchange, or very close to the exchange, or just in a good area/position in relevance to the servers, im sure there are people who get 350-400k down, and some who get around 500k.

The tests where just a general indication of the overall performance throughout the UK, you seem to have gotten a good connection there though :)

I'm not entirely sure how it works but when I signed up about six months back speeds in both directions were excellent. After a couple of months they went down and now just very recently they are back up.

I'm presuming that as demand puts pressure on the system they increases the capacity when complaints about its slowness build up????

Mubbers

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back