• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Wanted: advice on buying concert tickets from craigslist

Grandmaster

Electronica Addict
Political User
Hi everyone,

I might be meeting a local dude in order get 2 tickets for a bloc party show in SF on July 30th.

I really want to go to the concert but I wasn't able to get tickets when they were on sale at ticketmaster, so I've had to resort to craigslist/ebay.

Given the shady stories I've heard about craigslist, I'd like to avoid being scammed.

Here's the listing

I called the guy and he says they are hard tickets. He says that I shouldn't worry about being scammed since he put up his real number on craigslist.

What should I do?

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
Hi everyone,

I might be meeting a local dude in order get 2 tickets for a bloc party show in SF on July 30th.
Pay him in installments i.e. a little up front and more on the back end.

Craig's list has scammer's but, some deals are legit.

Also, you are meeting a DUDE in SF :eek:

:devious:

Grandmaster

Electronica Addict
Political User
Pay him in installments i.e. a little up front and more on the back end.

Craig's list has scammer's but, some deals are legit.

Also, you are meeting a DUDE in SF :eek:

:devious:
LOL, nah apparently he lives in Santa Clara which is where I live :p

Installments are a possibility.

Grandmaster

Electronica Addict
Political User
Maybe he just did that. I haven't bought them yet, or he found another buyer. I was supposed to meet him in 4 hours...

Dark Atheist

Staff member
Political User
take a crow bar with you, if he asks what its for just say its for violent negotiation's if you can't agree on a price :p

Grandmaster

Electronica Addict
Political User
I asked the dude for ticket serial numbers, which I could have to used to verify the tickets with the venue that show is being played at, and he basically said "Just trust me."

I decided to bail out.

The show is 2 months away. If another opportunity presents itself I'll get the tickets - or maybe just go to the night of the show and get them from scalpers at the door. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies