Wanted: advice on buying concert tickets from craigslist

Grandmaster

Electronica Addict
Political Access
Hi everyone,

I might be meeting a local dude in order get 2 tickets for a bloc party show in SF on July 30th.

I really want to go to the concert but I wasn't able to get tickets when they were on sale at ticketmaster, so I've had to resort to craigslist/ebay.

Given the shady stories I've heard about craigslist, I'd like to avoid being scammed.

Here's the listing

I called the guy and he says they are hard tickets. He says that I shouldn't worry about being scammed since he put up his real number on craigslist.

What should I do?

Hi everyone,

I might be meeting a local dude in order get 2 tickets for a bloc party show in SF on July 30th.

Pay him in installments i.e. a little up front and more on the back end.

Craig's list has scammer's but, some deals are legit.

Also, you are meeting a DUDE in SF :eek:

:devious:

Pay him in installments i.e. a little up front and more on the back end.

Craig's list has scammer's but, some deals are legit.

Also, you are meeting a DUDE in SF :eek:

:devious:

LOL, nah apparently he lives in Santa Clara which is where I live :p

Installments are a possibility.

de-listed by author, Did you get the tix GM?

Maybe he just did that. I haven't bought them yet, or he found another buyer. I was supposed to meet him in 4 hours...

take a crow bar with you, if he asks what its for just say its for violent negotiation's if you can't agree on a price :p

I asked the dude for ticket serial numbers, which I could have to used to verify the tickets with the venue that show is being played at, and he basically said "Just trust me."

I decided to bail out.

The show is 2 months away. If another opportunity presents itself I'll get the tickets - or maybe just go to the night of the show and get them from scalpers at the door. :p

That really works? I thought those commercials were fake!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back