• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Vote For Your Favourite Linux OS

Vote For Your Fav Linux OS

• Total voters

sushrukh

Everybody Were Noob Once
I love linux,yes more than Windows.Love me or hate me for that & i would like to know how many of you have you used Linux in your machine & which one you have used atleast once.

Every Operating system includes all it's variants, for example Ubuntu would include: Kubuntu, Xubuntu, and Ubuntu Studio.

The poll only allows for one option, so if you have used more then one operating system pick the one you've used the most and mark the others in your post. I think I've covered all the major ones, but if not you can mark that in your post as well.

fitz

Woah.. I'm still here?
Staff member
Political User
There is only one Linux OS - it just comes in different flavors. A more accurate title would be Linux distributions..

and, of course, as Lord points out - FreeBSD is not Linux.

I can't really vote for just one either..for a workstation machine, I would choose Ubuntu.
For servers, it's a mix of CentOS and FreeBSD depending on the application.
From a security standpoint, I like having a knoppix live distro..

Obbliviouschris

OSNN One Post Wonder
What's up? New to OSNN.

I currently would say Ubuntu because its easiest for my windows rotten brain to understand and navigate, but I only have limited experience with three others: Gentoo, Debian, and Red Hat.

Does anyone have a favorite for a laptop? I've been wanting to convert a windows laptop to a dual boot with Linux distro, but I'm concerned about driver issues.

There is only one Linux OS - it just comes in different flavors. A more accurate title would be Linux distributions..
Well... Linux itself isn't an OS but a kernel which is generally bundled with the GNU userland tools to create an OS, that OS is then fiddled and faddled into the various different distributions, hence why I chose FreeBSD even though its not technically a Linux OS ;)

</pedantry>

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies