Vote For Your Favourite Linux OS

Vote For Your Fav Linux OS

• Total voters

sushrukh

Everybody Were Noob Once
I love linux,yes more than Windows.Love me or hate me for that & i would like to know how many of you have you used Linux in your machine & which one you have used atleast once.

Every Operating system includes all it's variants, for example Ubuntu would include: Kubuntu, Xubuntu, and Ubuntu Studio.

The poll only allows for one option, so if you have used more then one operating system pick the one you've used the most and mark the others in your post. I think I've covered all the major ones, but if not you can mark that in your post as well.

There is only one Linux OS - it just comes in different flavors. A more accurate title would be Linux distributions..

and, of course, as Lord points out - FreeBSD is not Linux.

I can't really vote for just one either..for a workstation machine, I would choose Ubuntu.
For servers, it's a mix of CentOS and FreeBSD depending on the application.
From a security standpoint, I like having a knoppix live distro..

What's up? New to OSNN.

I currently would say Ubuntu because its easiest for my windows rotten brain to understand and navigate, but I only have limited experience with three others: Gentoo, Debian, and Red Hat.

Does anyone have a favorite for a laptop? I've been wanting to convert a windows laptop to a dual boot with Linux distro, but I'm concerned about driver issues.

pclinuxos is a fork of mandrake linux :)

If research isn't wrong, isn't Knoppix Debian based?

And they both get their own vote...... :cry:

Hehehe... I know 'Just leave it alone once' Cheers.

On that note I'd say Mandriva/PCLinuxOS..

There is only one Linux OS - it just comes in different flavors. A more accurate title would be Linux distributions..

Well... Linux itself isn't an OS but a kernel which is generally bundled with the GNU userland tools to create an OS, that OS is then fiddled and faddled into the various different distributions, hence why I chose FreeBSD even though its not technically a Linux OS ;)

</pedantry>

Bah!

It's all just 1's and 0's!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back