VLC Media Player Showing Black

N

Not Bman

So I was watching a bunch of videos and all of a sudden VLC only shows a black screen. I don't know what I did but I think I might have hit a setting or something. The videos work in WMP and well have worked before, so its something that I did to VLC.

I have restarted, looked through the settings and searched Google for a similar problem. I don't know what I could of done to do that.

Ideas?

Consider reinstalling VLC and see if it fixes things.

Well I was hoping that was a last resort.

Cause it happened randomly, I remember closing it down or clicking on something and it closed but I was not paying attention. I have looked through all settings that I know of, but nothing seems out of place.

You probably just changed some of the rendering options. I've done it before :)

Well I just reset all options in VLC and nothing has changed.

I will give this thread a day or 2, then I guess I will have to reinstall. Makes no sense.

A reinstall would be quite fast I would think.

Do you have a lot of customizations to your settings? Why not slap in a reinstall :D

I am going to reinstall. I was just being myself, I just simply hate reinstalling things when I should not have too. I will let you know if it fixes it.

*edit

So I uninstalled it, even rebooted before reinstalling, reinstalled it.....................and same problem. So my question now is maybe there is something else that I did to my system that I don't remember doing. What else can cause this to happen. Even though it's only VLC doing it.

*EDIT EDIT

I figured it out on a hunch. I recently installed a program called TweakNow which for what ever reason I thought I'd give a try. It has all kinds of tweaks and I believe the one that some how could of effected VLC would be the Taskbar Transparency tweak, all working well now. Thanks Saz.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back