Virgin Media 100mbit.

I called virgin Media today about their VIP standard package (works out cheaper to get tv, phone and broadband from them than from be, BT and sky).

I asked them about the suggestion on hexus.net that they were planning on offering 100mbit cable services. To which the answer was an enthusiastic yes. Though I wasn't given an ETA it was suggested it would be "soon".

Take "soon" with as much salt as you want, though those in a cable area may want to seriously consider moving over right about now.

VIP Bundle: http://allyours.virginmedia.com/websales/product.do?id=11029

BouncingSoul

Stranger Than Fiction
Political User
I'm so freaking jealous right now. I got 768 and I pay $70/month now. And thats with a discount for bundling other stuff. God I hate small towns and DSL!!

No need to get too jealous. They've been saying 100mbit cable was "coming soon" since the mid 90's over her in the uk :)

I do however believe they are very close to offering it (say 6-12 months) based on the very enthusiastic "oh yes!" when I asked about it before signing up.

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
I think Virgin are going to be taking cable in the right direction at last. Telewest did a good job of providing stability, and NTL did a good job of delivering nothing but false promises, perhaps we'll see cable overtake DSL at last... or at least I hope so.

I also hope that my town becomes cable enabled soon :D

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
Not bad, the missus is on Virgin now (I guess?) - I suspect its only good in central London though?

Or at least near the isle of dogs.

My folks are on virgin (used to be telewest) they've never had a problem. Had the same IP for ages too though they don't get a static IP.

My virgin install date is March 9 for all 3 services. I'll let you know how things go :)

AL.F

OSNN Junior Addict
100Mb is currently on trial

You may see 20Mb being offered soon maybe even 50Mb

Don't hold your breath for 100Mb!!!

Geffy

OSNN Veteran Addict
If you have a router it will stay the same unless you reset it!
You'd probably have to have it offline for a bit a most DHCP servers cache the leases and will give the same IP back within a certain time frame.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nasty12