Virgin Media 100mbit.

LordOfLA

Godlike!
I called virgin Media today about their VIP standard package (works out cheaper to get tv, phone and broadband from them than from be, BT and sky).

I asked them about the suggestion on hexus.net that they were planning on offering 100mbit cable services. To which the answer was an enthusiastic yes. Though I wasn't given an ETA it was suggested it would be "soon".

Take "soon" with as much salt as you want, though those in a cable area may want to seriously consider moving over right about now.

VIP Bundle: http://allyours.virginmedia.com/websales/product.do?id=11029

I'm so freaking jealous right now. I got 768 and I pay $70/month now. And thats with a discount for bundling other stuff. God I hate small towns and DSL!!

No need to get too jealous. They've been saying 100mbit cable was "coming soon" since the mid 90's over her in the uk :)

I do however believe they are very close to offering it (say 6-12 months) based on the very enthusiastic "oh yes!" when I asked about it before signing up.

I think Virgin are going to be taking cable in the right direction at last. Telewest did a good job of providing stability, and NTL did a good job of delivering nothing but false promises, perhaps we'll see cable overtake DSL at last... or at least I hope so.

I also hope that my town becomes cable enabled soon :D

Not bad, the missus is on Virgin now (I guess?) - I suspect its only good in central London though?

Or at least near the isle of dogs.

My folks are on virgin (used to be telewest) they've never had a problem. Had the same IP for ages too though they don't get a static IP.

My virgin install date is March 9 for all 3 services. I'll let you know how things go :)

100Mb is currently on trial

You may see 20Mb being offered soon maybe even 50Mb

Don't hold your breath for 100Mb!!!

My folks are on virgin (used to be telewest) they've never had a problem. Had the same IP for ages too though they don't get a static IP.

If you have a router it will stay the same unless you reset it!

If you have a router it will stay the same unless you reset it!

You'd probably have to have it offline for a bit a most DHCP servers cache the leases and will give the same IP back within a certain time frame.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back