Video Card Poll

Would you rather...

• Total voters

champ2005

| xs |
Id rather get an average-card more often (if i could afford it, which i cant :)) because it would have the newer technologies. What do you think?

I'd rather just get a near-top-of-the-range card and use it for around 3-4yrs before replacing it.
I haven't seen any need to replace my GF4Ti Gfx card since I got it back in xmas 2000. There aren't any games/apps that requires more than 128mb memory, nor have I seen any games that specifically require DX9 support from the card itself.

for 3 years i had a 2mb graphics card, and ive recently upgraded to a 256mb card.

so i voted for the bigger jump :p

I'd buy as close to the top of the range as I can with my budget, and keep for as long as I possibly can.

RagnaroK said:
I'd buy as close to the top of the range as I can with my budget, and keep for as long as I possibly can.

I agree with this idea as it actually to a point works out to be cheaper as your not buying a new card more often so you get your money worth from it

If I had the money I'd get one every year. Since I don't it's been 4 years since I've got a newer card.

I buy the top card as soon as it hits the shelf, which is every couple of months...but I have a severe problem....
Radeon 8500 - GeForce 4 Ti4400 - Ti 4600 - Radeon 9700 - GeForce 5900Ultra - GeForce 5950 Ultra....yes I know its stupid but I get bored....

Boy my parents would be proud to know how the inheritence is being spent ....:)

Buy a computer, it has a card in it. Wait until/if it breaks, get a new card. Repeat with either card or computer when needed. :D

my theory...

a top-of-the-line card won't last twice as long as a decent card, as it will only be 15-30% faster. and it will cost over twice as much. so it's better to go with the more modest card (slightly) more often.

so if i go buy a 9800xt then it won't last as long as a 9600128?
what makes the go bad?

mooo said:
so if i go buy a 9800xt then it won't last as long as a 9600128?
what makes the go bad?
What Taurus means is not that the card physically will last less time (though this may well be the case with all that auto-overclocking and stuff). He means that a top of the line card will not last (performance wise) through two generations of new cards.

champ2005 said:
He means that a top of the line card will not last (performance wise) through two generations of new cards.
you got it. ;)

i tink the savings for buying an average card every year or so is greater then buying a cutting-edge card n hanging on for a couple of years... eg. a good elsa gladiac card would cost say S$600 or so compared to purchasing a decent card at say S$150-300....

(PS. sorry, i am using singapore dollar's, where the exchange rate is around US$1 to S$1.75... dunno the american prices on those ;))

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back