Tweak VI

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
I searched for Tweak UI for Vista, found tweak Vi...

changed the settings i wanted, but it dosen't do anything? whats going on?

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
I used this and it prevented me from going and getting my Windows Experience score, I had to go back in and change some *default* options away and it worked again. Something about performance counters and control panel - something I wouldn't be bothered to fiddle with!

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
Well the only reason I got it is cause I want the taskbar to do that related thing, where if there is 2 msn windows i want them to be one, yea know.

How can I do that?

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
Group similarly...
Not on Vista at the moment, but if you right click on the start menu and go to properties it is in there somewhere, whether you can change the number I don't know.

Interestingly tho tabbed messenger windows is something the messenger team wants to add in the next release of live messenger!

NetRyder

Tech Junkie
Not on Vista at the moment, but if you right click on the start menu and go to properties it is in there somewhere, whether you can change the number I don't know.
The option is called "Group similar taskbar buttons"
There's no way to change the number directly through the UI. Regedit to the rescue. :)

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced
Create a new DWORD value called "TaskbarGroupSize"
Set the value to 2 (or whatever else you like)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetHip