Tweak VI

N

Not Bman

I searched for Tweak UI for Vista, found tweak Vi...

changed the settings i wanted, but it dosen't do anything? whats going on?

I used this and it prevented me from going and getting my Windows Experience score, I had to go back in and change some *default* options away and it worked again. Something about performance counters and control panel - something I wouldn't be bothered to fiddle with!

Well the only reason I got it is cause I want the taskbar to do that related thing, where if there is 2 msn windows i want them to be one, yea know.

How can I do that?

Group similarly...
Not on Vista at the moment, but if you right click on the start menu and go to properties it is in there somewhere, whether you can change the number I don't know.

Interestingly tho tabbed messenger windows is something the messenger team wants to add in the next release of live messenger!

Not on Vista at the moment, but if you right click on the start menu and go to properties it is in there somewhere, whether you can change the number I don't know.
The option is called "Group similar taskbar buttons"
There's no way to change the number directly through the UI. Regedit to the rescue. :)

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced
Create a new DWORD value called "TaskbarGroupSize"
Set the value to 2 (or whatever else you like)

do I need to restart after that?
My guess is that at least Explorer needs to be restarted, so you can either try killing and restarting explorer.exe via Task Manager, or just reboot the system.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back