Torrent program

failurbydesign

music MUSIC music
Political Access
Im looking for torrent program like utorremt, i want to be able to select and dis-select what im downloading in a torrent..any ideas?

Transmission?

Been a while since I used a Mac torrent client, but I believe the newer versions now support selective download

edit: apparently not quite out yet.. but they are in the nightly builds and will be in version .80 (source: http://transmission.m0k.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1941)

so.. you could grab a nightly build, or wait for v.8 (or find another client of course). I believe Azureus also supports it, but I hate Azureus as a client as I feel it is bloated, slow, and a resource hog and can not really in good conscience recommend it.

There are also rumors of uTorrent for Mac coming..

Last edited:
Torrents on a Mac?

:eek:

They should make a movie, starring Samuel (snakes on a pLane) Jackson.

Transmission, grab a nightly, they are just as stable as the other ones.

For feature rich (Selective downloads, encryption, etc) go with Azureus, however for a light-weight client, go with Transmission

Tomato torrent hasn't been updated in quite some time, I wouldn't go near it, and uTorrent on the Mac isn't a rumour, it's happening, there's no news on a release date yet though.

Just a quick note that Transmission has officially released v0.80
Today, we are proud to release version 0.80 of Transmission. This is a very important release for us, and incorporates two of the most requested features - file selection and torrent creation.

I'd have to be another for Transmission, very awesome program.

I just recently switched from Azureus to Transmission and I'm really happy with the change.

Hopefully they'll kick encryption out the door soon, for people with sucky ISPs, I know it's one of the most requested features at the moment :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back