• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

To all people having problems running or installing games on XP,READ THIS!

S

Shadowhunta

Okay,i had some problems recently with 3 seperate games that would either install and not run (even in compatibility mode!!),or,not install at all,therefore i went on the web to see if i could get some help on this,turns out that by default,XP uses the NT engine to install all software,games,programs etc,now as you will all know,this is kind pants when it comes to games....soooo i was provided with this command line parameter,to force XP to use the win 98/ME engine to install games: START>RUN>X:\setup.exe -lgntforce (where X is the letter of your CD rom drive) also be sure to check that the setup file for the game is called setup.exe,as some are`nt,if this is the case than just change the run command accordingly,eg: X:\setupn.exe -lgntforce (this is an actual setup name from a game i own) Hopefully this will solve the problem for many of you having difficulty with games under XP,i had problems with two games not working and after using the above command line to install them,they both work fine,even without compatibility mode enabled.

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
Althought I haven't had any of these errors myself, would be interested to know which games this worked with for you...

S

Shadowhunta

the two games so far that did`nt run properly until i reinstalled them with the cammand line were Nocturne and Shadowman

S

Shadowhunta

Command even,damn the fingers of men and the keyboards of misrocoft
..............that was a deliberate error

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies