To all people having problems running or installing games on XP,READ THIS!

S

Shadowhunta

Okay,i had some problems recently with 3 seperate games that would either install and not run (even in compatibility mode!!),or,not install at all,therefore i went on the web to see if i could get some help on this,turns out that by default,XP uses the NT engine to install all software,games,programs etc,now as you will all know,this is kind pants when it comes to games....soooo i was provided with this command line parameter,to force XP to use the win 98/ME engine to install games: START>RUN>X:\setup.exe -lgntforce (where X is the letter of your CD rom drive) also be sure to check that the setup file for the game is called setup.exe,as some are`nt,if this is the case than just change the run command accordingly,eg: X:\setupn.exe -lgntforce (this is an actual setup name from a game i own) Hopefully this will solve the problem for many of you having difficulty with games under XP,i had problems with two games not working and after using the above command line to install them,they both work fine,even without compatibility mode enabled.

Althought I haven't had any of these errors myself, would be interested to know which games this worked with for you...

Ooh, and just for the record I am right next to Hampshire atm, in Salisbury...

Originally posted by Electronic Punk
Ooh, and just for the record I am right next to Hampshire atm, in Salisbury...

mmmm...they have good steaks. :p

the two games so far that did`nt run properly until i reinstalled them with the cammand line were Nocturne and Shadowman

Command even,damn the fingers of men and the keyboards of misrocoft
..............that was a deliberate error

Interesting, I'll be sure to try that for a few proggies I have that refuse to work... thanks.

Hey EP, I used to live in Salisbury, do you need to know where the red light district is :D

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back