Tiger Ships Early... for some :P

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
via: engadget
File into the “doh!” category: in many places around the world, Mac fans and Apple distributors received a shipment they weren’t quite expecting: OS X 10.4 Tiger arrived at the door a full eight days ahead of schedule for some lucky folks who pre-ordered. Vendors PCMall/MacMall and ClubMac gave pre-order customers a treat by unleashing the OS ahead of schedule, quickly followed up by a “recall” of the copies from PCMall. They’re telling customers the Tiger copies that shipped out early will not be supported by Apple, and that users will have to return the boxes and get new copies shipped next week — though how they would differentiate “supported” from “unsupported” versions out of all that mess sounds like a bit of a bluff to us. It’s all moot, anyway, as we’re sure that absolutely everyone is complying with this request and refraining from installing Tiger, dutifully shipping those boxes back without any copies made… schyeah. Let us know how it looks, you lucky pre-order stiffs.

I like the fact they asked people to send it back... because that was really going to happen, fools :D

If you don't get support for the package because they (Apple) can see on the license it's one of those 'early shipped ones', then I would most definately send it back.

Ohzopants said:
mac doesn't have licenses from what I've heard
OS X has a license. They don't get all crazy with them like MS does though. ;) If you open up "about my Mac" and the click on the version # it'll show you the "build" and then your "license/serial" #.

imo thats why mac faces less copying, they are calm about it and dont make it an **** issue

themafia.69 said:
imo thats why mac faces less copying, they are calm about it and dont make it an **** issue
They do get really upset with people breaking NDA's and leaking OS updates like Tiger though. ;)

Glaanieboy said:
If you don't get support for the package because they (Apple) can see on the license it's one of those 'early shipped ones', then I would most definately send it back.
They're covering their arse. Of course it will still be supported, they just don't want to get into any (more) trouble for releasing the o/s early.

Ohzopants said:
mac doesn't have licenses from what I've heard
You mean Mac OS, Mac would indicate the Macintosh computer. Anyway, of course it has a license, would be pretty dumb to release it without one. It doesn't however, have a cd-key/serial.

SPeedY_B said:
It doesn't however, have a cd-key/serial.
It does have a serial (at least my Panther copy has one), it just isn't input and part of a pain-in-the-arse authentication process like in the Windows world.

I think you'll find that's the serial number of your hardware.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back