thumb scanner keyboard

failurbydesign

music MUSIC music
Political User
Anyone have one..they look fun! So you can set this up to like log into windows just by scanning your thumb and not typing a password?

Vanquished

Mr. Bananagrabber
Political User
Anyone have one..they look fun! So you can set this up to like log into windows just by scanning your thumb and not typing a password?
Apparently the microsoft scanners in the keyboards and stuff are tighter security than like a 2000 dollar door fingerprint door lock.
Good stuff :)

falconguard

Carbon based lifeform
Political User
You mean they can't be defeated by gummi bears?

I'm still wiating fotr the one with a tongue print , tha's the one I want.

Vanquished

Mr. Bananagrabber
Political User
You mean they can't be defeated by gummi bears?

I'm still wiating fotr the one with a tongue print , tha's the one I want.
apparently you need like a grooved finger frint placed on a pulsating finger for it to work.
The door tested only needed a bad quality photo copied pic of the print to work.

LeeJend

OSNN Veteran Addict
apparently you need like a grooved finger frint placed on a pulsating finger for it to work.
The door tested only needed a bad quality photo copied pic of the print to work.
Grooved, pulsating finger? Can I buy one of those for recreational purposes?

Umm, back on topic. Any technology can be defeated. Slip a keyboard traffic recorder in line with the keyboard behind the PC and record the finger print scan. Same approach they use on ATMs.

I'll get back to you on how to crack laptops.

Edit
Ok I though about it for a minute. Use an RF receiver and listen to the laptop emissions from a cross the street. (Will work on desktops too). They currently have an audio listening system that can read the letters you type into a keyboard. Each key sounds a little different based on location on the keyboard and how it is pressed when typing.

gonaads

Beware the G-Man
Political User
They currently have an audio listening system that can read the letters you type into a keyboard. Each key sounds a little different based on location on the keyboard and how it is pressed when typing.
Not if you use the "hunt and peck" method of typing. :D

ming

OSNN Advanced
Wanted to get one back in 2005 when I bought my new Keyboard + mouse set. Have no idea why I chose the wheel scroll keyboard instead of the finger print scanner version. :(

mlakrid

OSNN BASSMASTER
Political User
Post a link please?

We use finger print and retinal recoginition where I work and they cost MUCH less than $2000 a scanner not to mention they can NOT be defeated by a copied picture...

Fujitsu even makes a biometric scanner which uses the circular system within your hand to trace your veins and arteries... and while it cant be faked, can be "fooled" .5 % of the time... based on 700 people...

See HERE

Enjoy...

Vanquished

Mr. Bananagrabber
Political User
Post a link please?

We use finger print and retinal recoginition where I work and they cost MUCH less than $2000 a scanner not to mention they can NOT be defeated by a copied picture...

Fujitsu even makes a biometric scanner which uses the circular system within your hand to trace your veins and arteries... and while it cant be faked, can be "fooled" .5 % of the time... based on 700 people...

See HERE

Enjoy...
http://tv.peekvid.com/s2705/e26545/

-enjoy :)

I was gonna get the keyboard, but i really dont care if people can access my computer :)

failurbydesign

music MUSIC music
Political User
thats cool, i dont care if anyone gets on my pc too, its just i want to get a new keyboard and mouse...

dpr

NTFS Junkie
I use a separate fingerprint scanner, but the software I use doesnt support vista so haveing to stay with xp for now cos I have to many passwords ect to remember :cry:

Members online

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bomblagdi