thumb scanner keyboard

failurbydesign

music MUSIC music
Political Access
Anyone have one..they look fun! So you can set this up to like log into windows just by scanning your thumb and not typing a password?

Anyone have one..they look fun! So you can set this up to like log into windows just by scanning your thumb and not typing a password?
Apparently the microsoft scanners in the keyboards and stuff are tighter security than like a 2000 dollar door fingerprint door lock.
Good stuff :)

You mean they can't be defeated by gummi bears?

I'm still wiating fotr the one with a tongue print , tha's the one I want.

You mean they can't be defeated by gummi bears?

I'm still wiating fotr the one with a tongue print , tha's the one I want.
apparently you need like a grooved finger frint placed on a pulsating finger for it to work.
The door tested only needed a bad quality photo copied pic of the print to work.

apparently you need like a grooved finger frint placed on a pulsating finger for it to work.
The door tested only needed a bad quality photo copied pic of the print to work.

Grooved, pulsating finger? Can I buy one of those for recreational purposes?

Umm, back on topic. Any technology can be defeated. Slip a keyboard traffic recorder in line with the keyboard behind the PC and record the finger print scan. Same approach they use on ATMs.

I'll get back to you on how to crack laptops.

Edit
Ok I though about it for a minute. Use an RF receiver and listen to the laptop emissions from a cross the street. (Will work on desktops too). They currently have an audio listening system that can read the letters you type into a keyboard. Each key sounds a little different based on location on the keyboard and how it is pressed when typing.

They currently have an audio listening system that can read the letters you type into a keyboard. Each key sounds a little different based on location on the keyboard and how it is pressed when typing.

Not if you use the "hunt and peck" method of typing. :D

The Maxwell Smart cone of silence works well too.

Wanted to get one back in 2005 when I bought my new Keyboard + mouse set. Have no idea why I chose the wheel scroll keyboard instead of the finger print scanner version. :(

Post a link please?

We use finger print and retinal recoginition where I work and they cost MUCH less than $2000 a scanner not to mention they can NOT be defeated by a copied picture...

Fujitsu even makes a biometric scanner which uses the circular system within your hand to trace your veins and arteries... and while it cant be faked, can be "fooled" .5 % of the time... based on 700 people...

See HERE

Enjoy...

Post a link please?

We use finger print and retinal recoginition where I work and they cost MUCH less than $2000 a scanner not to mention they can NOT be defeated by a copied picture...

Fujitsu even makes a biometric scanner which uses the circular system within your hand to trace your veins and arteries... and while it cant be faked, can be "fooled" .5 % of the time... based on 700 people...

See HERE

Enjoy...
http://tv.peekvid.com/s2705/e26545/

-enjoy :)

I was gonna get the keyboard, but i really dont care if people can access my computer :)

thats cool, i dont care if anyone gets on my pc too, its just i want to get a new keyboard and mouse...

I use a separate fingerprint scanner, but the software I use doesnt support vista so haveing to stay with xp for now cos I have to many passwords ect to remember :cry:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back