This morning's downtime

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
Not sure what caused it, but got Server Matrix to reboot the server as I couldn't access it myself.

Hopefully X-istence will find some time to review the logs and find out the cause so we can stop it from happening again.

L

Lee

Ironic that some user kept asking about d.o.s. attacks last night, then the whole morning dns.

X-Istence

Political User
Seems /var was filled up with all the logs.

IMHO the partioning wasn't done that well, and i have to keep finding ways to stop what is the natural way of working from killing the server.

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political User
My brother was playing Black Jack in the arcade, he beat Lee's high score, then went to submit it and nothing happened. We soon figured out that the site was down. He was upset that he couldn't submit it since he had been playing for an hour to beat the high. Oh well too bad for him! :p :D

Glad that things are up and running again!

L

Lee

muzikool said:
My brother was playing Black Jack in the arcade, he beat Lee's high score, then went to submit it and nothing happened. We soon figured out that the site was down. He was upset that he couldn't submit it since he had been playing for an hour to beat the high. Oh well too bad for him! :p :D

Glad that things are up and running again!
same with me I got 4560 on peanut footy and same thing happened to me.
I will own that top score soon, btw.

An Hour I did it in less that 2 minutes.

L

Lee

muzikool said:
Haha... he's not very experienced with cards. He did get 6100 though.

Sorry for the hijack. :)
Dude you're 1 and 10 on peanut footy, well myself I hate card games, the score is very low I really made 3000$ profit neways.

L

Lee

Yep, did that already, what I mean on the arcade section nowt there.

I wanna spank that Monkey over 1000 m.p.h, I am sure i will do it once I work out a technique!

X-Istence

Political User
gonaads said:
So X-Istence, what was done wrong with the partitioning?

And can it be corrected?

/var where the logs are stored is 900 MB, now this would normally not be a problem, unless you have a high traffic server, as everything gets stored there, that has to do with the server.

Note: that does not include the 500 MB Apache log files that also get generated.

I would personally have made it at least 5 GB's to leave plenty of room.

Its a pain to work around, as it kills what FreeBSD is known for. The hierarchy of where everything is. But its better than having it go down.

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
ok, pending a bit more investigation by X, I am gonna move this to fixed, cos the site seems to be working ok now

*crosses fingers*

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut