This morning's downtime

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political Access
Not sure what caused it, but got Server Matrix to reboot the server as I couldn't access it myself.

Hopefully X-istence will find some time to review the logs and find out the cause so we can stop it from happening again.

It wasn't badgers was it Mr. EP?

/me puts on tinfoil hat

There seeking revenge!

Ironic that some user kept asking about d.o.s. attacks last night, then the whole morning dns.

Seems /var was filled up with all the logs.

IMHO the partioning wasn't done that well, and i have to keep finding ways to stop what is the natural way of working from killing the server.

My brother was playing Black Jack in the arcade, he beat Lee's high score, then went to submit it and nothing happened. We soon figured out that the site was down. He was upset that he couldn't submit it since he had been playing for an hour to beat the high. Oh well too bad for him! :p :D

Glad that things are up and running again!

muzikool said:
My brother was playing Black Jack in the arcade, he beat Lee's high score, then went to submit it and nothing happened. We soon figured out that the site was down. He was upset that he couldn't submit it since he had been playing for an hour to beat the high. Oh well too bad for him! :p :D

Glad that things are up and running again!

same with me I got 4560 on peanut footy and same thing happened to me.
I will own that top score soon, btw.

An Hour I did it in less that 2 minutes.

Haha... he's not very experienced with cards. He did get 6100 though.

Sorry for the hijack. :)

muzikool said:
Haha... he's not very experienced with cards. He did get 6100 though.

Sorry for the hijack. :)

Dude you're 1 and 10 on peanut footy, well myself I hate card games, the score is very low I really made 3000$ profit neways.

Yep, did that already, what I mean on the arcade section nowt there.

I wanna spank that Monkey over 1000 m.p.h, I am sure i will do it once I work out a technique!

So X-Istence, what was done wrong with the partitioning?

And can it be corrected?

Lee said:
I wanna spank that Monkey over 1000 m.p.h, I am sure i will do it once I work out a technique!

:eek:

Read that again Lee
:eek:

gonaads said:
So X-Istence, what was done wrong with the partitioning?

And can it be corrected?

/var where the logs are stored is 900 MB, now this would normally not be a problem, unless you have a high traffic server, as everything gets stored there, that has to do with the server.

Note: that does not include the 500 MB Apache log files that also get generated.

I would personally have made it at least 5 GB's to leave plenty of room.

Its a pain to work around, as it kills what FreeBSD is known for. The hierarchy of where everything is. But its better than having it go down.

ok, pending a bit more investigation by X, I am gonna move this to fixed, cos the site seems to be working ok now

*crosses fingers*

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back