Themes and SP2

Well the latest StyleXP patch was _supposed_ to work with XP2 but in reality it loses the theme everytime you restart windows :D

get the patcher from *dare I say it* Neowin, it worked fine on my SP2 test system

Dublex said:
Well the latest StyleXP patch was _supposed_ to work with XP2 but in reality it loses the theme everytime you restart windows :D

the theme patcher works fine with sp2, and style xp sucks ass

If you want to manually replace the uxtheme.dll, you have to rename the ones in the dllcache, or else the new version is replaced by the old version almost instantly.

theres a patch that does it automatically, but u will also have to hack ur windows file protection dll sfc_os.dll so it doesnt keep annoying you

best bet is to use a program called replacer with a different uxtheme.dll file

u will still need to replace the sfc_os.dll unless u dont mind the annoying windows file protection coming up like every five minutes

I thought neowins patcher does it all automatically?

does it? i always did it my self then used ux theme patcher

it is a uxtheme patcher... but its installed automatically afaik...

I used it and have been able to use all my themes w/o problems...

It doesn't, a popup right after you replace it will ask you "Unrecognized file version, blah blah blah, do you want to replace this unrecognized file?" Hit CANCEL, the one and only pop up I've seen, on both SP1 and SP2 PC's, never had another popup about it, and never hacked the file protection.

themafia_69 said:
u will still need to replace the sfc_os.dll unless u dont mind the annoying windows file protection coming up like every five minutes
If you have a replaced version in the dllcache it shouldn't know any better and no more warnings.

Oh and I used replacer after putting a copy in dllcache and servicepack manually :)

themafia_69 said:
yeah i know thats not what im saying, if u dont patch ur windows file protection dll (sfc_os.dll) it will keep bugging you

http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=290
That's not true. The SFC warning pops up just once after you replace uxtheme.dll. If you select Cancel, you shouldn't see the warning ever again.
Besides, disabling SFC completely is not a very prudent thing to do.

NetRyder said:
That's not true. The SFC warning pops up just once after you replace uxtheme.dll. If you select Cancel, you shouldn't see the warning ever again.
Besides, disabling SFC completely is not a very prudent thing to do.

no it is true it happend to me many times on sp1, i had to disable it cuz it was getting annoyin, maybe not in sp2 havent tried, but sp1 was pissing me off like that

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back