When i click to Control Panel>System>Automatic Updates it says that The Windows Update Service is unavailable. It is all grey; i mean i cant choice any of them. However i can update it manually from M$'s update site.. what's the problem with it?
help me pls!
- do you have the keep my computer up to date... check box checked? If not, check that.
- make sure you are logged in as admin to change settings.
- if all else fails, try going to C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\ and relocate the hosts file in that directory to your desktop TEMPORARILY. If that doesn't work, put the hosts file back in the etc folder.
- if all else fails even more, go to start, run, and type in: sfc /scannow
*then let it scan now.
- if all else really fails, contact microsoft support and complain.
automatic updates are usually available like a week or so after they are posted on the windows update site. It's not really useful anyway, unless you cant type windowsupdate.microsoft.com in your browser. I would just forget it.