• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

The Windows Update Service is unavailable

L

Loi le Beau

Hi,

When i click to Control Panel>System>Automatic Updates it says that The Windows Update Service is unavailable. It is all grey; i mean i cant choice any of them. However i can update it manually from M$'s update site.. what's the problem with it?
help me pls!
thanx

L

Loi le Beau

nope..
i can make downloads.. i just want to correct this automatic updates section
it is all grey.. i want to make it normal as seen before.. i can't select anything..

P

Powerchordpunk

- do you have the keep my computer up to date... check box checked? If not, check that.

- make sure you are logged in as admin to change settings.

- if all else fails, try going to C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\ and relocate the hosts file in that directory to your desktop TEMPORARILY. If that doesn't work, put the hosts file back in the etc folder.

- if all else fails even more, go to start, run, and type in: sfc /scannow

*then let it scan now.

- if all else really fails, contact microsoft support and complain.

- I don't think I helped at all.

L

Loi le Beau

- do you have the keep my computer up to date... check box checked? If not, check that.
thats the point..
i cant interfere to these choices... they are all grey.. i mean not in their original color... n yep i logged in as admin..

P

Powerchordpunk

automatic updates are usually available like a week or so after they are posted on the windows update site. It's not really useful anyway, unless you cant type windowsupdate.microsoft.com in your browser. I would just forget it.

L

Loi le Beau

better to forget it but its so itchy that u know it is all grey and cant make any choice or to interfere it..

S

Skwowwy

Actually, have you tried checking the Services? It might be that the Automatic Updating Service is disabled. ;) If it is, enable it and it's fixed.

L

Loi le Beau

Actually, have you tried checking the Services? It might be that the Automatic Updating Service is disabled. If it is, enable it and it's fixed.
Skwowwy thanx man!
:0)
i forgot that
i disabled it :D :D :D :D :D
thanx again...

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
doertilog