The Windows Update Service is unavailable

L

Loi le Beau

Hi,

When i click to Control Panel>System>Automatic Updates it says that The Windows Update Service is unavailable. It is all grey; i mean i cant choice any of them. However i can update it manually from M$'s update site.. what's the problem with it?
help me pls!
thanx

nope..
i can make downloads.. i just want to correct this automatic updates section
it is all grey.. i want to make it normal as seen before.. i can't select anything..

- do you have the keep my computer up to date... check box checked? If not, check that.

- make sure you are logged in as admin to change settings.

- if all else fails, try going to C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\ and relocate the hosts file in that directory to your desktop TEMPORARILY. If that doesn't work, put the hosts file back in the etc folder.

- if all else fails even more, go to start, run, and type in: sfc /scannow

*then let it scan now.

- if all else really fails, contact microsoft support and complain.

- I don't think I helped at all.

Mines all greyed out also... must have something to do with the SP1 beta.

- do you have the keep my computer up to date... check box checked? If not, check that.
thats the point..
i cant interfere to these choices... they are all grey.. i mean not in their original color... n yep i logged in as admin..

automatic updates are usually available like a week or so after they are posted on the windows update site. It's not really useful anyway, unless you cant type windowsupdate.microsoft.com in your browser. I would just forget it.

better to forget it but its so itchy that u know it is all grey and cant make any choice or to interfere it..

Actually, have you tried checking the Services? It might be that the Automatic Updating Service is disabled. ;) If it is, enable it and it's fixed.

Why would you want to enable Automatic Updates? Go there every few days and run a check manually.

Actually, have you tried checking the Services? It might be that the Automatic Updating Service is disabled. If it is, enable it and it's fixed.

Skwowwy thanx man!
:0)
i forgot that
i disabled it :D :D :D :D :D
thanx again...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back