The Really Long Thread

Stop with the nonsense. Talk about something relevant.

my vista download is @ 85% wooooooooooooo

only problem is i have no dvd burner to burn it to dvd with on laptop :eek:

Heh, you fool. You got a burner in the house anywhere? (now that your bro's PC is ... ehm ... missing :p)

not a dvd burner. master plan is to extract it to an external harddrive, then boot from that harddrive..........well thats the best i can come up with :eek:

You may loose boot functionality while doing that, but maybe not.

not a dvd burner. master plan is to extract it to an external harddrive, then boot from that harddrive..........well thats the best i can come up with :eek:
You could also try mounting the ISO using Daemon Tools and starting the installer from within XP. I used that method sometime last year with one of the early builds. It copied all the files necessary for setup before rebooting the system, so it worked fine. I haven't tried this with any of the latest builds though.

Also of note, starting with Beta 2 (don't think you could before), the option is there to do an upgrade from XP to Vista.

that is the plan, extract it to external harddrive. then boot from that external harddrive + install on internal harddrive. should work fine in my mind.

I'm going to install it on an external hd. I know it'll be slow as ****, but I'm too lazy to wipe XP off my HD only to put it back a couple days later.

i have a spare 30Gb laptop drive from when i slapped a 80Gb in here for more pr0n storage, plan to install in on there tomorrow........or tonight maybee

I'm going to install it on an external hd. I know it'll be slow as ****, but I'm too lazy to wipe XP off my HD only to put it back a couple days later.
I'm not sure if that's going to work. Try it out, but I don't think it can boot off an external drive connected via USB.

There are a couple of other options. You could image your existing XP setup, so restoring it will only take about 10 minutes. Or re-partition the drive and allocate some free space for Vista so you can dual boot, assuming you have enough space.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back