The Really Long Thread

At about 11pm I am going to go for a run on the treadmill. Lord knows I need it.

Been going to the gym regularly for about 2 months now. Lost around 30 pounds.

Good GOD that's a lot of weight over 2 months :eek:

You should write a diet book - it would be a Best Seller :p

Har :D

I was 245 and at Obesity Level 1 :S. Today I checked and I'm at 215. Need to get down to around 180 :)

Going to start taking protein shakes too.

Protein, i believe, will make you gain weight. My goal is to get down to 180 as well. I started at 236.5 and am at around 215 too. But I started in January.

Protein helps with muscle generation. I usually do about 45 mins of weight training and then at least 30 minutes of cardio.

Muscle generation is good because even though it'll make me gain weight, muscle burns more calories while resting than does fat. So I'll be able to eat more and still lose the same amount of weight :)

Protein shakes = good. They help your muscles heal after being tworn from weight training. After an instense workout, your body sucks up protein like candy.

I'm at about 215-220 now myself, but my body fat is only around 11 or 12%, so I'm happy where I am :)

Honestly, I wouldn't bother with it. When I was a bit heavier, roughly 18-19%, it drove me crazy because it takes FOREVER to change. I just had it tested lately as part of a physical, other than that I really dont' care about fat percentage, as long as I feel good :cool:

Grandmaster said:
Never got my body fat percentage done, but I'm overweight.

Yeah, me too. I'm 5'8" and 215. I weighed 167 in high school (7 years ago) and I was in great shape.

Heh, everyone's trying to lose weight. I, on the other hand, need to gain some.
And that's actually harder than it sounds when you have a really fast metabolism. :D

Come over to my house, i'll cook some ribs that'll stick to ya! Of course call before, takes about 4hrs till the bones fall out.

Y'all don't know nothing about grillin in SoCal. We do it right down here in the South.

5.5 Hours to go, then an hour drive home.

Getting a wee bit tired :eek:

got in around 3:30 am last night :p

god i need more sleep!

3:30am would actually be this morning. Not last night.

Ye feckin' inbred.

Henyman said:
got in around 3:30 am last night :p

god i need more sleep!
That's what I said. Went to bed at 10.30 last nite ;) :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back