The Official Windows Mobile Discussion Thread

AT&T/HTC needs to release WM6.

European support by email seems to be pretty good.

I guess being able to go in store to get a firmware update is great tho.

yikes 666 post :p

That would make my day! Where is the donwload link?!

I found it. This will have to wait for tomorrow though, too busy to be without my device today.

Last edited:
I don't like the flip up design. But, you know I will still buy one.

I am flashing my 8525 as I type this. Exciting.

I don't think I'd mind the flip up design. I only wish it had a higher-res screen like the Toshiba G900.

NR: I have a job for you. Can you please zip up these images for me, located in \windows

clg_in.gif
clg_miss.gif
clg_out.gif
spd_lst.gif

Thank you.

Last edited:
Maybe it's me, but I think WM6 has a few issues (but it could be this unofficially released ROM). I had my Exchange Server added, it sync'd, and I went on with my adventure. A few minutes later I see that my partnership is missing.

Furthermore, I can't believe they put all this work into the GUI but the phone dialer is still ugly++. I loaded the E-TEN Phone Dialer and it works perfectly.

Do you have any tips NR?

NR: I have a job for you. Can you please zip up these images for me, located in \windows

clg_in.gif
clg_miss.gif
clg_out.gif
spd_lst.gif

Thank you.
Here ya go:
http://netryder.osnn.net/WM6_gifs.zip

Maybe it's me, but I think WM6 has a few issues (but it could be this unofficially released ROM). I had my Exchange Server added, it sync'd, and I went on with my adventure. A few minutes later I see that my partnership is missing.
Can't say I've run into this issue. Any similar reports on the xda-dev forum?

All set. I was hoping for blue ones. Thank you.

I created a blue set from the set you provided me and copied/replaced the four files located in \windows, but to no avail. The old images from the E-TEN Phone Dialer that I installed are still showing up; even after a soft reset. Any idea? =)

Matt, I'd also recommend installing the new version of Live Search for Mobile that was released last week. Just wrote about it a few minutes ago:
http://kunal.kundaje.net/2007/07/mobile-live-search-adds-movie-showtimes/

Handy app, and a nice update. :)

I installed this on your recommendation. It looks pretty cool.

EDIT: I "cleared storage". I didn't like the way the E-TEN Phone Dialer was working with WM6 (it wasn't working correctly); now I am using the plain and simple included dialer which looks like crap but at least it works correctly. I also noticed that I do not have the same images as you. And when I attempt to replace them it doesn't replace them. Odd.

Last edited:
HTC has made a Windows Mobile 6® OS upgrade available for users of the popular HTC TyTN device.

The TyTN becomes the first HTC device to get the upgrade, with the HTC P3300, S620 and Advantage also scheduled to receive the upgrade from August.

HTC TyTN users can download the Windows Mobile® 6 upgrade exclusively from the “My Downloads” section of HTC eClub.

Registration to HTC eClub is easy and completely free… so if you aren’t already a member, sign up today to keep in touch with a range of benefits.
http://www.europe.htc.com/en/press/latestnews.html

I signed up for the eClub a few weeks ago. You go to download software updates and it says to select the phone first, but there isn't a place to select your phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back