The Official Windows Mobile Discussion Thread

Re: New toy: Windows Mobile 5.0 phone

Ryein said:
This might seem like a noobly post and I don't have enough time to read all the threads and post here even though I'd like to, but I wanted to get outlook to snag my emails off of hotmail and I also wanted to get it on my Smart Phone 6700. Can I do that also can I get MSN on my pocket pc?
yes to all

If you dont have Pocket MSN on your handheld its because they seemingly want to charge for it now and not all operators are putting it on there.

Solution though is to install the version for Pocket PC 2002, then install the Pocket MSN update for Pocket PC 2003. Its convoluted but it works.

Good read. With Voice Command though it is easy enough. =]

Won't be able to do this until my birthday unfortunately. Have to be responsible and take care of other things first ;)

Microsoft Recruits Testers for Windows Live Mobile

A select amount of testers have been invited to take part in an update to Windows Mobile 5.0 for smartphones. The program dubbed "Mobile 10.7 Beta" or Pocket MSN was made available late yesterday on the Connect website; the portal for Microsoft beta programs.

Testers are required to fill in a survey and from that the selection process will be submitted to Connect, which usually takes anywhere between 24 and 48 hours.

Source: Microsoft Connect

Geffy said:
If you dont have Pocket MSN on your handheld its because they seemingly want to charge for it now and not all operators are putting it on there.

Solution though is to install the version for Pocket PC 2002, then install the Pocket MSN update for Pocket PC 2003. Its convoluted but it works.

Worked like a charm thanks.

Been looking long and hard at the Motorola Q from Verizon - anyone have thoughts?

My thoughts: pass on it. Get a device manufactured by HTC America.

Been looking long and hard at the Motorola Q from Verizon - anyone have thoughts?
I sent the link to Matt on Jabber yesterday. I think it looks a bit busy with all those keys, and the arrangement is a little weird. I prefer the design of the Wizards (MDA/8125), where the keyboard is exposed only when you need it.

Ideally, I'd like a Wizard with the thickness of the Q. :D

Well I have a Treo for work, so I'm used to that design.

I like the reduced cost of the Q, makes it a bit attractive ;)

Been reading reviews on it, finding differences, etc.

NR, did you see the images of upcoming HTC devices? Lookin' sexy.

My problem with the Q and the Treo, it is both manufacturers' first attempt at a Windows device. HTC has the most experience.

Experience is key.

The only other VZW options I have is the XV6700 which I just don't like.

Under contract for a bit, not cost effective to buy it out either.

My problem with the Q and the Treo, it is both manufacturers' first attempt at a Windows device. HTC has the most experience.

Experience is key.
That's true for Palm, but Motorola had the MPx200, MPx220 and the i930, all of which are WM smartphones.

Okay, okay. You're right. But a SmartPhone isn't a PocketPC Phone Edition. So ha!

I've been trying to get eMbedded Visual C++ 4.0 to work and I got it working today, but Microsoft stop using it now they only have the Mobile 5.0 SDK for Visual Studio 2005 and not eMbedded Visual C++. I'm just starting in this area and I was wondering if their is a option for us that want to use eMbedded Visual C++ 4.0.

yay, I managed to dialup to gprs through my m600 on my iBook :D

The guide is pretty good for american providers, and I have covered connecting to Orange

I flashed the firmware/OS of my 8125 to the latest offering (which is supposed to be official but it's not up on HTC's web site). After flashing performance has increased. The device runs smoother.

Although I still don't have the green theme that the devices are shown with on Microsoft's web site. I would like to figure out how to get the icons up top like shown on their site.

I found some cool stuff while going through XDA's site.

Some pretty cool customizations: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/press/imagegallery/customization.mspx

I also found a cooler phone dialer than the one included with WM 5.0. It's called E-TEN Dialer. I wanted to share this because it is amazingly better.

If anyone is interested in trying out this dialer I have uploaded it to my server.

Simply download the file to your desktop computer and then copy it to your WM device (I put mine in My Documents). From your WM device double click the CAB and follow the instructions.

Warning: Installing E-TEN Dialer disables smart dialer (no big loss in my case).

http://fusion.unsolvedmedia.com/projects/wm/E-TEN_Dialer_Install.cab

Enjoy.

I've got some Orange enhancements on mine, so I doubt I will be flashing it :p

Really like the Orange Today Menu, I've been told it Orange only though, I could be wrong

madmatt, I want to try that dialer but I really like the smart dialer, could you tell me what that dialer has that makes it better?

thanx

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back