The Official “New To This Community” Thread

Grandmaster said:
^ Looks like you found the thread :)

Welcome!

hehe...
i kinda wondrin where in the world is the "introduction forum" as st8d on the top of my page...hehehe newBs like me needs a lot of browsing...

thanks for the welcome... :yowch:

Hey there- don't know if I'm posting right. I'm new to forums. I have several "projects"- like I formatted my laptop, and the cd drive quit so I can't restore it-DUH!! And I bought this awful cellphone that I hate- V3c. Soooo- I will wander arround here in your forums, reading and possibly offering any logic and common sense that I can if it's something I know about.
xoxo Sherri

Thanks

I used your site to download a driver for my RAZR V3. Your straightforward approach is refreshing and I wanted to say thanks.

Re: Thanks

You are welcome, glad OSNN could help you out. VenomXT is the real guy you should be thanking, hopefully he will stop by. :)

Welcome to the community hope to see you around the forums.

Re: Thanks

I too am new to the site and look forward to feeding my appetite for looks like just about anything on this site! Thanks for all the awesome info.

Hi, Electronic Punk!
Electronic Punk said:
Welcome to OSNN.I am sure you mean Vista Ultimate :)
Ultimate will have basically everything throwin in there.
Thanks for the welcome!

I am sure you are correct, but I won't get my free, genuine copy of Vista for at least a year.:)

Right now, I am focused on finding a new technical-writing job, awaiting SuSE Linux 10.1, and working on both of my Intel/P-4 computers.

I am halfway tempted to put Windows XP Pro and (later) Vista on the 2.0-GHz P-4 system I built myself, and distros of Linux on the 3.0-GHz Dell Dimension 8300. (The only proprietary hardware I left in it is the motherboard). It has two SATA-2 drives, however, and I know some distros won't support them. It would just be neat to have a really fast Linux computer!;)

First priorty, however, is a new job! :nervous:

Cordially,

David

DavidMD - just so you know MS is going to release Vista Beta 2 to the public, on May 23rd :)

Hello, kcnychief!

kcnychief said:
DavidMD - just so you know MS is going to release Vista Beta 2 to the public, on May 23rd :)
Thank you for the information.

I read in an industry magazine last week that the release of Vista is now projected by Microsoft to be July (?) of 2007.

Right now is a strange time in the open-source and closed-source worlds. The OSS version of SuSE Linux 10.1 just came out and reviews and articles are flooding the Web.

If a public beta for Vista is going to be released later this month, there will be lots of leaked information, of course, and Vista enthusiasts will be energized and there will be articles and predictions and reviews.

Of course, I guess there's always something exciting for even casual geeks, depending on our areas of particular interest.;)

My focus is finding a new technical-writing job and doing some work on my Linux and my Windows PCs. (...and there are more-detailed rumors out about the next version of Mac OS X, "Leopard"....)

Cordially,

David

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back