The Mozilla/Firefox/Thunderbird discussion (Part 3)

Firefox 1.0 "Preview Release" on the horizon...
grin.gif

Ben Goodger said:
July 25, 2004
Firefox 1.0 Preview Release

Most of the major work for what will now be called "Firefox 1.0 Preview Release" has been completed, and we're driving a shortening bug list towards zero. We're hoping to have a release in the second or third week of August.

Internally (as in, as far as the Extension and Update systems are concerned) the release will be known as "0.10" and it should be noted that this is not 1.0 - this is what had been called (by the roadmap) "Firefox 1.0 Beta" and recently in the bug system "RC1".

On choosing the name we sought something that did not undermine the fact that we've never labeled any of our previous releases "alphas" or "betas" and despite their pre-release status have gained noticable usage statistics. We felt that releasing a "1.0 beta" may scare people away, so looked for something gentler. We paused on "Release Candidate" but it was correctly pointed out to us that doing release candidates when we know full well that all the content of RTM is not there is somewhat bogus. So we settled on that tride and true moniker, "Preview Release".
To Extension Authors

In the next week or so I will increase app.extensions.version to 0.10. This will end compatibility for all installed extensions with a maxVersion set to 0.9! If existing versions of you extensions are still compatible with the branch since 0.9, please contact update.mozilla.org and get the maxVersion setting in the database increased to 0.10! Code is landing in Firefox at the moment (see previous post) that mean that you do not need to create a new XPI if all you're changing is the maxVersion value in the install manifest! For Firefox 0.9/0.9.1/0.9.2 users this means that when they upgrade to 1.0PR the browser will connect to update.mozilla.org and any custom RDF update files and attempt to version-patch before falling back on looking for new XPIs. 1.0PR users will also be able to install incompatible extensions if a remote version patch is specified that designates compatibility with the new release.

Extension and Theme Authors should start preparing for these changes NOW

Problem adding sites to unblock popups

I installed the extensions listed below, and now I am unable to add a site to the unblock popup list in the options by manually typing it in. I can type it in another program, or in the browswer, copy it, and paste it, but unable to type it. Any ideas what the problem is?

I have firefox 0.9.2 with the following extensions:

DOM Inspector
Adblock v.5
Allow Right-Click
Autohide
Bandwidth Tester
Basics
BlankLast
BugMeNot
CompactMenu
Create Shortcut
Download Sort
Download Statusbar
DownloadWith
FLST
Hide Searchbar
ieview
Image Zoom
Link Visitor
Nuke Anything
Nuke Image
Print
QuickNote
Related
ReloadEvery
Single Window
Sort Bookmarks
stumbleupon
SuperDragAndGo
Tabbrowser Preferences
undoclosetab

I learned a long time ago, that just because it's available doesn't mean you have to download it an use it. I remember have a programs list that was 6 columns. What a bugger that was.

dreamliner77 said:
geez. Have a few extensions.

Well, I'm a recent firefox convert, and am still trying things out. I have been slowly ditching some of them as I find what ones are either (a) never used or (b) useless for me. Also, many of the extensions I have should be or will be part of the browser itself in future versions.

Seriously though, does anyone have an idea about what's causing this? I imagine I could go figure out how the bug reporting thing works with Mozilla. I've never done it before, but it can't be that hard....thought maybe someone here might know the answer though.

My guess is you just have two extensions that are conflicting. Now figuring out which ones... That's a whole nother ball of wax.

firefox&thunderbird

does anyone have a indication of when these 2 are going to be released as 1 ?

bluzeboy said:
does anyone have a indication of when these 2 are going to be released as 1 ?
Never .. they are meant to be seperate :) Mozilla "suite" is what you want if you want all in 1 :)

-edit- now that I re-read that do you mean version 1.0 ?

-edit #2- if the later have a look here

Does anyone know how to slowdown the animated gifs in FireFox 0.9.1? Or is this fixed in a later version?

Should be noted that security releases were made for Mozilla suite(1.7 branch), Firefox and Thunderbird today. Read about it here.

What's the look of the icon for the new Firefox?

its the same...i went back to 0.8 cause i dont like the theme of the newer ones. i cant find the theme for the newer ones that were for 0.8

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back