The Mozilla/Firefox/Thunderbird discussion (Part 3)

Cool find, Xie! Can't wait to get home and install this version! :D

Seem to be having a problem with tbe. I like to have single window mode, but even though i have set that in the options when i click a lick that is designed to open in a new window, it does and not a new tab like i want it to. Anyone know how to fix it? about:config setting?

On the firefox forum they say to do the following:

Type about:config in your address bar
find 'browser.tabs.showSingleWindowModePrefs'
Toggle to true.

Thanks for that, wondered where those options went in RC2, they were there in RC1

Thanks but it already is and it still opens "new window" links in new windows instead of tabs

Shouldn't? Make sure you have the option set to Force links that open in a new window to open in a new tab.
ff.jpg

spellbound?

I just went thru every firefox extension & I am unable to see any plugin named (spellbound) is not available in 1.0 final?

j79zlr said:
Shouldn't? Make sure you have the option set to Force links that open in a new window to open in a new tab.
ff.jpg
Thanks, got it sorted. What it was was that those options are replaced by TBE options when that is installed, and i guess something in there didn't work right so I unistalled TBE then ticked the default firefox option then reinstalled TBE. all works as it should now :)

Glaanieboy said:
how about the datestamp in the mail? I now have '<name> wrote:', but I want to have something like 'on <date>, <name> wrote'.
Found what you are looking for and the info below is from this page. You have to make the user.js file and it goes in your profile folder.

Change the reply header

The standard reply header [author] wrote: can be changed to virtually anything, so make your e-mails more personalized. Add and modify the following code to your user.js file, instructions are in the comments:

// Change the reply header
// 0 - No Reply-Text
// 1 - "[Author] wrote:"
// 2 - "On [date] [author] wrote:"
// 3 - User-defined reply header. Use the prefs below in conjuction with this:user_pref("mailnews.reply_header_type", 3);

// If you set 3 for the pref above then you may set the following prefs.
user_pref("mailnews.reply_header_authorwrote", "%s said the following");
user_pref("mailnews.reply_header_ondate", "on %s");
user_pref("mailnews.reply_header_separator", " ");
user_pref("mailnews.reply_header_colon", ":");
// The end result will be [authorwrote][separator][ondate][colon]

For those tweak freaks like myself out there here is a link to my favourite builder MOOX, and his processor oriented optimized builds of Firefox!

After a few days of wondering why 1.0 hadn't been posted in the old section I discovered he is now distributing using torrents. 15 pages of scrolling in the forums and here is the link, enjoy!!

http://www.moox.ws/tech/mozilla/releasebuilds.htm

FYI, if you look close when installing your Spellbound libraries there are optimized builds depending on your processor there too!!! w00t!

If you are unsure about what build you should be using read about it on THIS page.

Thunderbird problem on links

I am having a very annoying time when I get links in my emails these days - for some reason on T-bird (as opposed to Mozilla) any links I click are opening in Windoze Explorer rather than Firefox (my default browser).

I've looked for a setting but cannot find it!

Someone help- this drives me nuts because cookies are all to hell and basically nothing works very well when you drop into Explorer! :(

NetRyder said:
Sometimes, Firefox does not get properly registered as the default browser even though it seems like it. You might want to try using SetBrowser to reset it as your default browser. You can uninstall it after that.
http://www.pc-tools.net/win32/setbrowser/

I tried - really hard! - it always says firefox is my defaukt and never helps - even when I do the clicky for browser takes me to Explorer! :eek: /me wants to reformat now - or is that too drastic (bearing n mind I want to switch primary drive from IDE to SATA also)

Did you reboot to see if it then takes effect?

Also, in Control Panel ---> under Internet Options ---> Programs.

Make sure that the box I have outlined is not checked. (see attachment)

But sometimes after a reboot it starts to work. Couldn't hurt. :)

Last edited:
gonaads said:
Did you reboot to see if it then takes effect?

well... blow me sideways - reboot fixed it! w00t!

(the evils of hibernation!) :) repage for you :)

I do OT believe it! I now have the same problem back! It must be connected with do I or do I not have Explorer open when I clickie linke....

Will have to experiment andget back t you - problem not solved - but not understood either....

Mainframeguy said:
well... blow me sideways - reboot fixed it! w00t!

(the evils of hibernation!) :) repage for you :)

Outstanding! :)

Glad it worked, would hate ta have ya stuck with IE. :scary: :D

Mainframeguy said:
I do OT believe it! I now have the same problem back! It must be connected with do I or do I not have Explorer open when I clickie linke....

Will have to experiment andget back t you - problem not solved - but not understood either....

Damn! Didn't read second post. Sorry to hear that it came back. :(

I'll look into a few bookmarks I have on IE problems ( of IE staying as default). Hopefully I find something.

Question Mainframeguy, did you make sure that the box in the Internet Properties ---> Programs is not ticked so IE doesn't try to set itself as the default before you rebooted?

attachment.php

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back