Terminal Dialer?

Techno Child

web{designer}
Hey guys.

Is there a program that can be accessed via terminal that can call landlines through a built in modem?

Ive been googling all day, haven't found a thing except telnet, which I think has nothing to do with this.

-tc

Hyperterminal might help but to call land lines to do what exactly call who for what reason?

I was just playing around with the osx terminal today, and I thought it would be neat to turn this old mac I had in the garage into a phone... So I started searching on google and found nothing, it would be neat if it gave me a prompt for a number and upon entering it would just make the call through its built in modem.

I guess there is really no point in it, although it would be a pretty cool phone :p

I'll see what I can find with hyperterminal

-tc

EDIT: Well... I am trying to setup ZTerm, which is like a HyperTerminal for Mac - only when I make the connection, its data only. I guess this may be more complicated than I though at first - This program will need to somehow be connected to the modem, and work through the mic/speakers of the comp. On older modems, it will probably let the sound come through its internal speaker, but the mic will be trickey.

All in all, if anyone knows of a program that already does this please let me know.

Last edited:
I haven't used a dialup faxmodem in years but they all used to have phone dialers included in their software package.

Open the address book, click on the number and the phone is dialed. If you have the internal speaker turned on you hear the dialing. You can also have the speaker set to stay on after connect and hear the person say hello. Then pick up a normal phone to talk.

Any freeware faxmodem software should do this. There should be tons of sjust dialers on google.

LeeJend - I have found a few *dialers* , however none that work directly through terminal/console interface. This was the whole idea behind this project.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back