• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

System restore :(

W

wolfshade2002

I'm sure this has been covered before but my system restore in XP home just doesn't restore anymore it used to. It tells me restore failed no changes made. I try-ed shutting it off and turning it back on. But still the same thing happens. I have had no power failures or improper shutdowns I know that can mess it up. Has anyone had this problem that can help me. Thanks ( Its really starting to pi** me off)

Hipster Doofus

Good grief Charlie Brown
Do you try this way to get it going again>
Right click my computer/properties/system restore. Turn it off all drives. Reboot. Go back & turn it on. You will loose all restore points & a new one will be created. If it doesn't work after that then it is a new one to me.

B

Bretenn

mayb the system restore service is disable....
try going to control panel > administration tools > services to check it!

Many people in many forums have problems as you describe with System Restore. Although not a solution for System Restore per say, the only suggestion I have is to disable the bugger and get a back-up utility like Norton Ghost or one of your choosing.:)

W

wolfshade2002

My sys restore is not disabled. And I have tryed turning it off and reboot that dident help ither. And I have never done a repair install. But thats ok If I have to much trouble with it ill just format and reinstall. Its been over a year now so I might have to do that but the restore is the only thing that isent working. thanks for the help.

G

georgepomone

System Restore.

Hi Wolfshade,
I've had this problem a couple of times and got over it by using Doug Knox's little repair prog. You may have tried this already I don't know. If not- http://www.dougknox.com/index.html
Worth a try because if it works and it usually does it saves so much time and messing around.
Best Wishes,

K

killerk

Originally posted by Bretenn
mayb the system restore service is disable....
try going to control panel > administration tools > services to check it!
if he can select dates, and begin the restore on them, system restore is not disabled.

You probably had a seriious error that occured. System restore is not a program that works 100% of the time.

So far I like the suggestion of a repair install.

Installing something like Norton Go Back is retarded. Sorry, but I hate the idea of Norton for anything but virus protection -

W

wolfshade2002

Thanks for all the input. I think what im going to do is concidering that I have had xp installed on my cpu for about a year and a half now It might just be time to format and reinstall. so when things get real bad im just going to back everything up and do that..... Thanks all:happy:

N

Narcissus

samething happened to me just wouldnt restore, i did a repair still didnt work, installed xp again as an update still didnt work did a full install and it still doesnt work.

why?

Z

ZipTriX

Installing something like Norton Go Back is retarded. Sorry, but I hate the idea of Norton for anything but virus protection
Norton didn't develop Goback. It is only bundled with Systemworks. There is a difference. In addition Goback was never mentioned. It was Norton Ghost. :rolleyes:

K

killerk

Originally posted by Ziptrx
Norton didn't develop Goback. It is only bundled with Systemworks. There is a difference. In addition Goback was never mentioned. It was Norton Ghost. :rolleyes:
Symantec makes system works, and all can be bundled under the name Norton.......... As well as goback.

:eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown