System restore :(

W

wolfshade2002

I'm sure this has been covered before but my system restore in XP home just doesn't restore anymore it used to. It tells me restore failed no changes made. I try-ed shutting it off and turning it back on. But still the same thing happens. I have had no power failures or improper shutdowns I know that can mess it up. Has anyone had this problem that can help me. Thanks ( Its really starting to pi** me off)

Do you try this way to get it going again>
Right click my computer/properties/system restore. Turn it off all drives. Reboot. Go back & turn it on. You will loose all restore points & a new one will be created. If it doesn't work after that then it is a new one to me.

mayb the system restore service is disable....
try going to control panel > administration tools > services to check it!

Many people in many forums have problems as you describe with System Restore. Although not a solution for System Restore per say, the only suggestion I have is to disable the bugger and get a back-up utility like Norton Ghost or one of your choosing.:)

i had this problem. the only way i fixed it was by doing a repair install.

But doesn't running the defrag, corrupt the restore points? I always thought it did.

Heeter

My sys restore is not disabled. And I have tryed turning it off and reboot that dident help ither. And I have never done a repair install. But thats ok If I have to much trouble with it ill just format and reinstall. Its been over a year now so I might have to do that but the restore is the only thing that isent working. thanks for the help.

System Restore.

Hi Wolfshade,
I've had this problem a couple of times and got over it by using Doug Knox's little repair prog. You may have tried this already I don't know. If not- http://www.dougknox.com/index.html
Worth a try because if it works and it usually does it saves so much time and messing around.
Best Wishes,

Thanks georgepomone Ill give that a shot.. I hope it helps to.

Originally posted by Bretenn
mayb the system restore service is disable....
try going to control panel > administration tools > services to check it!

if he can select dates, and begin the restore on them, system restore is not disabled.

You probably had a seriious error that occured. System restore is not a program that works 100% of the time.

So far I like the suggestion of a repair install.

Installing something like Norton Go Back is retarded. Sorry, but I hate the idea of Norton for anything but virus protection -

Thanks for all the input. I think what im going to do is concidering that I have had xp installed on my cpu for about a year and a half now It might just be time to format and reinstall. so when things get real bad im just going to back everything up and do that..... Thanks all:happy:

samething happened to me just wouldnt restore, i did a repair still didnt work, installed xp again as an update still didnt work did a full install and it still doesnt work.

why?

Installing something like Norton Go Back is retarded. Sorry, but I hate the idea of Norton for anything but virus protection
Norton didn't develop Goback. It is only bundled with Systemworks. There is a difference. In addition Goback was never mentioned. It was Norton Ghost. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Ziptrx
Norton didn't develop Goback. It is only bundled with Systemworks. There is a difference. In addition Goback was never mentioned. It was Norton Ghost. :rolleyes:

Symantec makes system works, and all can be bundled under the name Norton.......... As well as goback.

:eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back