spots on my screen

Right that was were I was heading too he might as well try that just to see if it helps :)

i have overclocked the card a little. But when the spots started to show i but it back to defult but they still come back. would it help if i but some ram heat sinks coolers on the ram of the card?

Ok what kind of card is this? and try to go lower than the default to see if it clears up ? And yes if it is over heating that could cause some trouble as well ... open the case get a small fan blow air into the case right on the vid card .... see if that helps :)

Originally posted by ElementalDragon
ROFL!!!! Scriptasylum, u pay WAY too much attention to detail on that one.

Lol, you can't leave out anything when troubleshooting stuff. :)

lee_uk

Are the spots always in the same place or do they move around?

1). If in the same spot it is bad pixels. I never saw a crt do anything like this though. Dead pixels in a crt are very uncommon. Could there be spots on the screen coating. Coke, chemical burns, etc?

2). If the pixels move around you've probably damaged the vid card gpu or memory. More heatsinks won't help.

When blowing up the image I also see some distortion below and to the right of each pixel.

You may have Doming of the shadow mask. The electron beams pass through the holes in the shadow mask and are channeled to strike the proper position on the CRT surface. Since the shadow mask is subjected to intense heat for long periods of time, it is subject to two types of deformation: heat expansion and warping. Either deformation can cause mis-alignment of the electron beam.

Sooooo... have ya dropped or banged yer monitor recently??? :rolleyes:

Damage to the shadow mask or the aperture grill could be another cause... maybe. If the display suffers excessive shock, like if ya dropped it for instance, or bumped it real hard, the shadow mask could get damaged. Such damage could happen in a single spot on the mask and that could lead to color purity problem appearing toward the middle/center of your screen. Only thing though is the image you've posted has the dots kinda all over. :confused:

so in other words i graphics card is F**k. could it be driver based

Set your color depth to 16bit or 24bit and you probably won't see the spots.

Do you have another monitor that you can try??? To see if it still has the spots.

Or another Vid card, or reinstall the drivers or newer drivers.

Did you try to underclock the card?

And like Gonaads said uninstall the drivers use add/remove then run drivercleaner follow the read me that is supplied with it drivercleaner can be found at http://www.driverheaven.net

:)

just email asus and here is what they said

"Is this problem present while in DOS, or while booting up, if not, you may find you will need to reinstall the drivers for the VGA Card, if you can see the problem during the boot up, the VGA card is at fault. Please advise on your findings, if the card is fault, you can return your card to your reseller if purchased within the year."

Uninstall all the Asus drivers and stuff, ie... all the extra bells and whistles that come bundled with the Vid Card. Install the newest/latest WHQL Detonator drivers (NOT the Asus drivers) and reboot.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back