Split mp3's with a .cue file ?

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
Usually I use the nifty CueSplitter app, however, I'm not a fan of Rosetta and none-UB apps, so does anyone know of a Universal Binary app which will split and mp3 based on a .cue file?

Edit: nevermind I checked what cuesplitter does and unless you're god a text editor wont do what you want :D

I fixed a cue file in a text editor once, though it was all a bit trial and error and I at least had a starting to point to work with

Speedy, can you not just email the guy and ask him kindly, placate him with chickens and persuade him to recompile into UB, or maybe give you the source?

That reminds me, I need to email the author of SSHKeyChain if he would mind getting an UB version on his website.

I fixed a cue file in a text editor once, though it was all a bit trial and error and I at least had a starting to point to work with

Speedy, can you not just email the guy and ask him kindly, placate him with chickens and persuade him to recompile into UB, or maybe give you the source?
Already have done, was curious if there was an alternative while I await the reply :)

I got a huge .mp3 file and a .cue file with it, an old album I did actually download but can't find to buy anywhere.

Is there a Windows solution for this?
Would love to use it to actually split the big mp3 up into little ones.

Quick update, as I'd forgot about this topic until I was presented with a new album in mp3/cue format today.

I decided to give Cue-Splitter a go on my Intel Mac, and it just died on its arse, so I opened it up to check what was inside, and thankfully, my suspicions were confirmed, it's actually just a cocoa wrapper for a niftly little (command line) app called mp3splt, which MacPorts has in its catalogue, so it's now installed, and works great.

$ mp3splt -c file.cue file.mp3

Job done :D

Does anybody know about a good program that would split mp3 files using cue sheets for mac os x? Currently I split mp3s on my windows computer using Visual MP3 Splitter, but it would be great to find a similar app for mac.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back