• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Split mp3's with a .cue file ?

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
Usually I use the nifty CueSplitter app, however, I'm not a fan of Rosetta and none-UB apps, so does anyone know of a Universal Binary app which will split and mp3 based on a .cue file?

I fixed a cue file in a text editor once, though it was all a bit trial and error and I at least had a starting to point to work with

Speedy, can you not just email the guy and ask him kindly, placate him with chickens and persuade him to recompile into UB, or maybe give you the source?

SPeedY_B

I fixed a cue file in a text editor once, though it was all a bit trial and error and I at least had a starting to point to work with

Speedy, can you not just email the guy and ask him kindly, placate him with chickens and persuade him to recompile into UB, or maybe give you the source?
Already have done, was curious if there was an alternative while I await the reply :)

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
I got a huge .mp3 file and a .cue file with it, an old album I did actually download but can't find to buy anywhere.

Is there a Windows solution for this?
Would love to use it to actually split the big mp3 up into little ones.

SPeedY_B

Quick update, as I'd forgot about this topic until I was presented with a new album in mp3/cue format today.

I decided to give Cue-Splitter a go on my Intel Mac, and it just died on its arse, so I opened it up to check what was inside, and thankfully, my suspicions were confirmed, it's actually just a cocoa wrapper for a niftly little (command line) app called mp3splt, which MacPorts has in its catalogue, so it's now installed, and works great.

$ mp3splt -c file.cue file.mp3

Job done :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies