Speed? Reinstall fixes some issues.

X-Istence

Political Access
So I decided it was time to wipe my OS X install clean and start from scratch. There were some issues I could not figure out with regards to where I clicked and what window was active.

For example, sometimes I would click on a Terminal window and Mail would still stay active, yet if I typed it would show up in Terminal, i'd have to click on the desktop, click Terminal again, and maybe it would work.

However the best thing I have seen so far is a HUGE speed improvement. When I log in now it is almost instanteneous whereas normally I would wait at least 40 seconds while Finder popped up, while everything in the top bar loaded, and it was no fun. Now I log in, and 5 seconds later I am ready to go do what I got to do. No fun, now I can't take the time to walk downstairs, make myself a Powerade drink and come back up stairs.

Another issue that seems to be fixed for me now is that sometimes my wireless mighty mouse would not register any clicks. Seems to have been fixed as well. Overall everything seems to be working a lot smoother. I had backed up my library, but I deleted most if not all the preferences and kept only the profiles for Adium and Firefox and whatnot, the rest was all from scratch. It takes me a while to set up a machine to my liking, so it will be a while before I feel home again.

not limited to mac, works rather well with windows and to a lesser extent, linux too ;)

Yeah, my roommate at uni wiped his Powerbook and reinstalled everything after he got it back from repairs and he said the same thing - it felt like a new machine. It definitely helps to clean things up once in a while. :)

I don't doubt it has a lot to do with the fact that I like to screw around with things. I should probably also stop playing with local root exploit PoC's since they are probably screwing **** over as well :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back