SP2 Official Release

Lee said:
It's here: (so it is there if you bothered looking)

i did search for the knowledge base article but i think i searched within SP2 Support so it may have not been listed, either way thank you. I am now installing SP2 :D

I would like to double check this.
If i reformat my computer, do I have to put sp1 on as well as sp2, or does sp2 contain everthing from sp1

SP2 contains everthing from SP1..and then some. Very happy so far.

All the hype is over I hope, lets get ready for SP3 :)

Just waiting for the exploits to appear by end of week.

lol, how true. i predict a number of *Windows XP HotFix*'s to appear in windows update over the next month :p

Lee said:
All the hype is over I hope, lets get ready for SP3 :)

Just waiting for the exploits to appear by end of week.
true lee true

DO NOT CLICK DOWNLOAD IF YOU ARE UPDATING JUST ONE COMPUTER: A smaller, more appropriate download will be available soon on Windows Update.

yeah, ech... they just remove somethings not needed for network admins apparently :p

wadada said:
DO NOT CLICK DOWNLOAD IF YOU ARE UPDATING JUST ONE COMPUTER: A smaller, more appropriate download will be available soon on Windows Update.
There's nothing wrong with using this one, I actually like it better. This is just an all in one installer for all the updates including sp2 so that it's easier to update multiple computers. The smaller update will probably just have sp2 on it. I realy like this because I put it on a cd so next time I reformat my computer I just have to pop in the cd and install sp2 and it will be almost completly updated, except for the hotfixes that are bound to come out within the next couple months.

Yes there will be a smaller install package on Windowsupdate that will only install what your system needs. The download most have gotten is the NEtwork install which has everything that SP2 fixes in a large download that could be used to install on one computer or more and also to make a slipstream cd

dom02 said:
There's nothing wrong with using this one, I actually like it better. This is just an all in one installer for all the updates including sp2 so that it's easier to update multiple computers. The smaller update will probably just have sp2 on it. I realy like this because I put it on a cd so next time I reformat my computer I just have to pop in the cd and install sp2 and it will be almost completly updated, except for the hotfixes that are bound to come out within the next couple months.

i not say there is anything wrong with that one mate, i just say it because there still people with 56k or maybe even 33.6 and for them its maybe handy too wait.

Hate the security warning (bubble) that pops up every time windows start. doesn't go away unless you close it.

apu95 said:
got it before yesterday :p
i REALLY hate that annoying security center that tells me "windows firewall isnt on...blablablabla". thank god for zonealarm :D

Disable the Security Center from monitoring Windows firefall and you shouldn't get a message.

The Security Center is a ncie addition for the newbs out there. The firewall's new options are nice but it STILL seems to be lacking in options & a good log analyzer and it isn't all that newb friendly.

ming said:
Hate the security warning (bubble) that pops up every time windows start. doesn't go away unless you close it.

Change your settings in your Security Center.

So far so good.

I installed about 10 programs so far without a hitch. I have few more to install, I'll get those installed tomarrow night.

cool that bloody windows security icon is also gone out taskbar :D

Questions for those that have installed SP2.

If you were using a theme other than Luna did you go back to Luna before you installed SP2?

If not did it give you any problems?

Did you have to reinstall the xltheme patch after the SP2 install?

Thanks in advance.

I didn't have to revert back to Luna before installing SP2. Since uxtheme.dll was obviously replaced during the process, I was greeted by the Windows Classic theme after I restarted. Patched the uxtheme file, restarted once more, and was back to my original theme. No hassles =)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back