• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Sound Issue on Windows Media W/Dell 700M

DELLGUY

OSNN One Post Wonder
Hi all,

This is my first post on this forum and I hope someone will be able to help me out here.

I just received my 700M yesterday and I love it! It is so cool, and the screen is beyond words

Anyway, There's just one problem. The speakers, when playing a cd, sound very loud and clear. However, When I put a DVD on and play it with either Windows media or Dell media players, I can bearly hear the sound at all. I've gone into all the settings for the speakers and made sure that everything was put up to the max. Still sounded very low?
Is there a setting in the media that I am not aware of, besides the volume setting on the program?

Has anyone ever experienced this?

First of all, welcome to OSNN.

DELLGUY said:
I just received my 700M yesterday and I love it! It is so cool, and the screen is beyond words
Hehe, that was exactly my reaction when I saw the screen. Real beauty, isn't it?

Anyway, There's just one problem. The speakers, when playing a cd, sound very loud and clear. However, When I put a DVD on and play it with either Windows media or Dell media players, I can bearly hear the sound at all. I've gone into all the settings for the speakers and made sure that everything was put up to the max. Still sounded very low?
Is there a setting in the media that I am not aware of, besides the volume setting on the program?

Has anyone ever experienced this?
I can't say I've seen this happening. Pretty odd issue. If it's specific to DVDs only, you might want to try uninstalling and reinstalling the DVD decoder from one of the CDs that Dell provides (is it WinDVD?).
Before you do that, you could also try using VLC, since that uses its own DVD decoding library. http://www.videolan.org/vlc

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix