Sound Issue on Windows Media W/Dell 700M

DELLGUY

OSNN One Post Wonder
Hi all,

This is my first post on this forum and I hope someone will be able to help me out here.

I just received my 700M yesterday and I love it! It is so cool, and the screen is beyond words
shocked.gif

Anyway, There's just one problem. The speakers, when playing a cd, sound very loud and clear. However, When I put a DVD on and play it with either Windows media or Dell media players, I can bearly hear the sound at all. I've gone into all the settings for the speakers and made sure that everything was put up to the max. Still sounded very low?
saywhat.gif
Is there a setting in the media that I am not aware of, besides the volume setting on the program?

Has anyone ever experienced this?

First of all, welcome to OSNN.
smile.gif

DELLGUY said:
I just received my 700M yesterday and I love it! It is so cool, and the screen is beyond words
shocked.gif
Hehe, that was exactly my reaction when I saw the screen. Real beauty, isn't it?
grin.gif

Anyway, There's just one problem. The speakers, when playing a cd, sound very loud and clear. However, When I put a DVD on and play it with either Windows media or Dell media players, I can bearly hear the sound at all. I've gone into all the settings for the speakers and made sure that everything was put up to the max. Still sounded very low?
saywhat.gif
Is there a setting in the media that I am not aware of, besides the volume setting on the program?

Has anyone ever experienced this?
I can't say I've seen this happening. Pretty odd issue. If it's specific to DVDs only, you might want to try uninstalling and reinstalling the DVD decoder from one of the CDs that Dell provides (is it WinDVD?).
Before you do that, you could also try using VLC, since that uses its own DVD decoding library. http://www.videolan.org/vlc

Electronic Punk said:
Do Dell still bundle WinDVD 4? :)O)
No idea. That's what I got with my 5100 a year and a half ago. Haven't checked what they sent with my dad's 700m.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back