• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

snow balls are dangerous

#2
I live in London. No snow has fallen here this year as far as I know that would compile into a snowball.

Mad world, mad mad world!


It's a good job I did not defend this case!

:suprised: :suprised: :suprised: :eek:
 

_kC_

Moderator
#4
uhh what kind of snowball would smash a car window??

i guess shes lucky it didnt hit her freind, as it would of probably killed her :rolleyes:
 

Evil Marge

I Rule
Political User
#6
_kC_ said:
uhh what kind of snowball would smash a car window??

i guess shes lucky it didnt hit her freind, as it would of probably killed her :rolleyes:
I was gonna say that,should have had more sense than to throw it near a road :rolleyes:
 
#7
Usually you'd compile tarballs, but I suppose snowballs work too. ;)

FishBoy said:
what if you fail to compile and you get errors :p
The risks of that are quite small. Not many bugs in the winter you know. :p
 
#8
Bogus story.

When we were kids the only way to crack a car window was to put a rock in the center of the snowball. And then it's still near impossible to crack the tempered safety glass used in windshields. Even an ice core snowball wouldn't have a chance at breaking a windshield. (Bloodying a face, yes. Putting out an eye, yes. Windshield, never. We tried...) Yes, it was a tough neighborhood.
 
#9
Zedric said:
Usually you'd compile tarballs, but I suppose snowballs work too. ;)


The risks of that are quite small. Not many bugs in the winter you know. :p
hahahaha true true

LeeJend said:
Bogus story.

When we were kids the only way to crack a car window was to put a rock in the center of the snowball. And then it's still near impossible to crack the tempered safety glass used in windshields. Even an ice core snowball wouldn't have a chance at breaking a windshield. (Bloodying a face, yes. Putting out an eye, yes. Windshield, never. We tried...) Yes, it was a tough neighborhood.
well maybe they had an updated rock definition in the snowball
 

Xie

- geek -
#10
Then it flew on to smash the window of a passing car...
In the story it doesn't mention windshield .. just says window which makes me believe one of the side windows which probably could be broken with an ice/snow ball. :)
 
#11
Xie said:
In the story it doesn't mention windshield .. just says window which makes me believe one of the side windows which probably could be broken with an ice/snow ball. :)
oh well let's assume it's the windshield if that's what everyone wants :D
 
#12
Same glass specification on all the windows. We usually aimed for the side windows. Being in front of a pissed off motorist was a bad idea in Philadelphia.

Besides any hit on a side window will be a glancing blow (less force transfered) and wouldn't have the added velocity of the vehicle to increase the impact energy.

Bogus story.
 

falconguard

Carbon based lifeform
Political User
#13
LeeJend said:
Same glass specification on all the windows. We usually aimed for the side windows. Being in front of a pissed off motorist was a bad idea in Philadelphia.

Besides any hit on a side window will be a glancing blow (less force transfered) and wouldn't have the added velocity of the vehicle to increase the impact energy.

Bogus story.
when the hooligans start studying angle of velocity, you know thiw was a tough neighborhood.
 

ElementalDragon

The One and Only
#14
LeeJend, side windows aren't entirely the same thing as the windshield or back window of a car. usually front/rear windows have the 2 layers of glass with the plastic in the middle to hold everything together if it were to shatter. side windows... .usually when they get a nice sized crack.... they fall to pieces.

and about the hit to a side window being a glancing blow..... what do you think would happen if you hit the front window? i mean yah, it might be a lot more force if you were throwing said snowballs at a jeep or hummer window, which are near verticle, but if it were a small sports car, the only way you'd really get a solid impact is by dropping it from above or throwing from above. throwing directly at the front would just make the snowball break slightly and slide right up the car. and why would you mention both the fact that "being in front of a pissed off motorist was a bad idea in Philadelphia" and "any hit on a side window would be a glancing blow"? for a side window hit to be a glancing blow, it would be more of a hit from close to the front than directly in the side.

One person i believe was killed last winter from a somewhat large chunk of ice that was dropped off an overpass about a half hour away from where i live. think it fell, hit right near the top of the windshield, smashed it in, and hit the person in the chest or somethin.... Don't remember exactly.

........ why on earth am i even saying this?
 

Evil Marge

I Rule
Political User
#15
LeeJend said:
Bogus story.

When we were kids the only way to crack a car window was to put a rock in the center of the snowball. And then it's still near impossible to crack the tempered safety glass used in windshields. Even an ice core snowball wouldn't have a chance at breaking a windshield. (Bloodying a face, yes. Putting out an eye, yes. Windshield, never. We tried...) Yes, it was a tough neighborhood.
It can happen,was a bus driver nearly blinded here after some moron threw a snowball and smashed the window.He needed 32 stitches :speechless:
 
#16
Rocks, LOL

Grade 11, age 16. we lobbed ice balls into the middle of a busy street. glass was broken several times. our trick was to hide our iceballs in a deep freezer in our student union room. our intention was to get them into 'open' side windows. we didn't really care bout breakage.

sadly, we had to stop after some guy decided to chase us with a crowbar. After that we just didn't feel motivated.
 
#17
Mastershakes said:
Rocks, LOL

Grade 11, age 16. we lobbed ice balls into the middle of a busy street. glass was broken several times. our trick was to hide our iceballs in a deep freezer in our student union room. our intention was to get them into 'open' side windows. we didn't really care bout breakage.

sadly, we had to stop after some guy decided to chase us with a crowbar. After that we just didn't feel motivated.
awww hahaha get a crowbar next time and chase him back
 
#20
ROFL Nice. No, this guy was nutters. We just danced around like butterflies for a bit, then ran. He left his car running, in the turning lane for a busy intersection. He gave up, and we kept running.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
61,962
Messages
673,240
Members
89,017
Latest member
keithgonzaal