snow balls are dangerous

I live in London. No snow has fallen here this year as far as I know that would compile into a snowball.

Mad world, mad mad world!

It's a good job I did not defend this case!

:suprised: :suprised: :suprised: :eek:

dave holbon said:
I live in London. No snow has fallen here this year as far as I know that would compile into a snowball.
what if you fail to compile and you get errors :p

uhh what kind of snowball would smash a car window??

i guess shes lucky it didnt hit her freind, as it would of probably killed her :rolleyes:

FishBoy
Then you have not implemented error checking as applied to snow “balls”.

:) :) :)

_kC_ said:
uhh what kind of snowball would smash a car window??

i guess shes lucky it didnt hit her freind, as it would of probably killed her :rolleyes:
I was gonna say that,should have had more sense than to throw it near a road :rolleyes:

Usually you'd compile tarballs, but I suppose snowballs work too. ;)

FishBoy said:
what if you fail to compile and you get errors :p
The risks of that are quite small. Not many bugs in the winter you know. :p

Bogus story.

When we were kids the only way to crack a car window was to put a rock in the center of the snowball. And then it's still near impossible to crack the tempered safety glass used in windshields. Even an ice core snowball wouldn't have a chance at breaking a windshield. (Bloodying a face, yes. Putting out an eye, yes. Windshield, never. We tried...) Yes, it was a tough neighborhood.

Zedric said:
Usually you'd compile tarballs, but I suppose snowballs work too. ;)

The risks of that are quite small. Not many bugs in the winter you know. :p
hahahaha true true

LeeJend said:
Bogus story.

When we were kids the only way to crack a car window was to put a rock in the center of the snowball. And then it's still near impossible to crack the tempered safety glass used in windshields. Even an ice core snowball wouldn't have a chance at breaking a windshield. (Bloodying a face, yes. Putting out an eye, yes. Windshield, never. We tried...) Yes, it was a tough neighborhood.
well maybe they had an updated rock definition in the snowball

Then it flew on to smash the window of a passing car...
In the story it doesn't mention windshield .. just says window which makes me believe one of the side windows which probably could be broken with an ice/snow ball. :)

Xie said:
In the story it doesn't mention windshield .. just says window which makes me believe one of the side windows which probably could be broken with an ice/snow ball. :)
oh well let's assume it's the windshield if that's what everyone wants :D

Same glass specification on all the windows. We usually aimed for the side windows. Being in front of a pissed off motorist was a bad idea in Philadelphia.

Besides any hit on a side window will be a glancing blow (less force transfered) and wouldn't have the added velocity of the vehicle to increase the impact energy.

Bogus story.

LeeJend said:
Same glass specification on all the windows. We usually aimed for the side windows. Being in front of a pissed off motorist was a bad idea in Philadelphia.

Besides any hit on a side window will be a glancing blow (less force transfered) and wouldn't have the added velocity of the vehicle to increase the impact energy.

Bogus story.
when the hooligans start studying angle of velocity, you know thiw was a tough neighborhood.

LeeJend, side windows aren't entirely the same thing as the windshield or back window of a car. usually front/rear windows have the 2 layers of glass with the plastic in the middle to hold everything together if it were to shatter. side windows... .usually when they get a nice sized crack.... they fall to pieces.

and about the hit to a side window being a glancing blow..... what do you think would happen if you hit the front window? i mean yah, it might be a lot more force if you were throwing said snowballs at a jeep or hummer window, which are near verticle, but if it were a small sports car, the only way you'd really get a solid impact is by dropping it from above or throwing from above. throwing directly at the front would just make the snowball break slightly and slide right up the car. and why would you mention both the fact that "being in front of a pissed off motorist was a bad idea in Philadelphia" and "any hit on a side window would be a glancing blow"? for a side window hit to be a glancing blow, it would be more of a hit from close to the front than directly in the side.

One person i believe was killed last winter from a somewhat large chunk of ice that was dropped off an overpass about a half hour away from where i live. think it fell, hit right near the top of the windshield, smashed it in, and hit the person in the chest or somethin.... Don't remember exactly.

........ why on earth am i even saying this?

LeeJend said:
Bogus story.

It can happen,was a bus driver nearly blinded here after some moron threw a snowball and smashed the window.He needed 32 stitches :speechless:

Rocks, LOL

Grade 11, age 16. we lobbed ice balls into the middle of a busy street. glass was broken several times. our trick was to hide our iceballs in a deep freezer in our student union room. our intention was to get them into 'open' side windows. we didn't really care bout breakage.

sadly, we had to stop after some guy decided to chase us with a crowbar. After that we just didn't feel motivated.

Mastershakes said:
Rocks, LOL

Grade 11, age 16. we lobbed ice balls into the middle of a busy street. glass was broken several times. our trick was to hide our iceballs in a deep freezer in our student union room. our intention was to get them into 'open' side windows. we didn't really care bout breakage.

sadly, we had to stop after some guy decided to chase us with a crowbar. After that we just didn't feel motivated.
awww hahaha get a crowbar next time and chase him back

i'd take fishboy's advice in that situation. then the guy chasing you will know what a Half-Life crowbar fight feels like in real life. :)

ROFL Nice. No, this guy was nutters. We just danced around like butterflies for a bit, then ran. He left his car running, in the turning lane for a busy intersection. He gave up, and we kept running.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back