Slow startup ?

Dubbin1

I Like Cheese
When I start my puter it takes over 1 min before I can access my network or even log on to my DSL. If I disable workstation in Administrative Tools/Services I can log on to my DSL as soon as the computer starts but I have to start the workstation before I can log on to my network. How can I fix this so I can leave the workstation running and not have to wait to log on to my network and DSL when I restart? This all started after a reformat. Before that it started just fine.

Thanks
Dwayne

G

Grinder714

May want to try THIS program, its called Bootviz, made by micro$oft, and arranges programs on your disk for a faster startup.

P

Phoenix1956

Hey Dubbin1

If u have Win 2k installed did u apply the service packs in the correct order ?. How about double-checking ur network settings again, maybe the ip address has changed along the the security settings.

Hope am leading you in the right direction because I no longer have Win 2k as my default system os.

Dubbin1

I Like Cheese
Nope No win 2k

Originally posted by Phoenix1956
Hey Dubbin1

If u have Win 2k installed did u apply the service packs in the correct order ?. How about double-checking ur network settings again, maybe the ip address has changed along the the security settings.

Hope am leading you in the right direction because I no longer have Win 2k as my default system os.

P

Phoenix1956

Hey Dubbin1

Sorry my bad call, when I saw your post about your workstation I just thought that your using WIN2K. Sorry guy !

shoulin

OSNN Addict
run msconfig ..... check your start-up and services tab, see that u dont have a bunch of crap starting up when ur comp finishes booting windows

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arrangel