Slow startup ?

Dubbin1

I Like Cheese
When I start my puter it takes over 1 min before I can access my network or even log on to my DSL. If I disable workstation in Administrative Tools/Services I can log on to my DSL as soon as the computer starts but I have to start the workstation before I can log on to my network. How can I fix this so I can leave the workstation running and not have to wait to log on to my network and DSL when I restart? This all started after a reformat. Before that it started just fine.

Thanks
Dwayne

May want to try THIS program, its called Bootviz, made by micro$oft, and arranges programs on your disk for a faster startup.

Thanks but it didnt work.

Originally posted by Grinder
May want to try THIS program, its called Bootviz, made by micro$oft, and arranges programs on your disk for a faster startup.

Hey Dubbin1

If u have Win 2k installed did u apply the service packs in the correct order ?. How about double-checking ur network settings again, maybe the ip address has changed along the the security settings.

Hope am leading you in the right direction because I no longer have Win 2k as my default system os.

Nope No win 2k

Originally posted by Phoenix1956
Hey Dubbin1

If u have Win 2k installed did u apply the service packs in the correct order ?. How about double-checking ur network settings again, maybe the ip address has changed along the the security settings.

Hope am leading you in the right direction because I no longer have Win 2k as my default system os.

Hey Dubbin1

Sorry my bad call, when I saw your post about your workstation I just thought that your using WIN2K. Sorry guy !

run msconfig ..... check your start-up and services tab, see that u dont have a bunch of crap starting up when ur comp finishes booting windows

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back