Slow 2D Performance with GeForce 6800GT

about slowness with 2d

well having a via chipset isin't the best to have
msi make good boards but with via they slow to a crawl
go with a nvidia chipset or nforce 2 3 or 4 then you will be fast
i have an nvidia geforce 5200 agp and 2d is wonderful
also maybe you got a pci version of the 6800 and not the agp version
also i use 62.11(it's an asus v9520 magic i got)

Heard this

I heard that that nvidia had put out faulty proccesors that had poor 2d rendering in some aspects of their performance, i.e. certain effects etc.

Just wanted to confirm the article you last posted.

im having the same problems windows is so slow sometimes that im getting sick of it, there are times when i type and the letter appear later like if it was a very slow system.

my specs are:

Penitum 4 3.2e
Asus PT800 (intel chipset)
Evga 6800GT
512MB ddr333
200gb wd hdd
450w power supply allied

i also think the borken video procesor thing is true , i been looked at my videos lately and most of them have a loto of color banding and little blurrines , where with my 9700 looked pefectly.

also i have a DVB card , i watch the tv there , with my ati card it looked flawleslly , now with this card i have lots of color banding , and interlacing, im never ever going to go back to nvidia , im stuck with a 400 dlls video card that renders slower than many integraded cards (in 2d) and wont display videos rigth , but will play awesome.

i cant return it becasue i returned my 6800nu for the same reasons, so they said i count take it back again and change i just can get the same one.

turbospeed said:
i cant return it becasue i returned my 6800nu for the same reasons, so they said i count take it back again and change i just can get the same one.

I would still exchange it for another one. Chances are, you have a bad card. Do you have the latest stable drivers installed? If so, and it's still messing up, exchange the card.

ive noticed with SLI video (.mpg, .mp4, ect,) runs very slow and studderish. im also using forceware version 71.81.

At last! I've found that I'm not the only one with this problem.

RacerDuke: did you ever get anywhere with this issue? Would really like to know if there is way round this.

Anyway, I've already posted at nV News: http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=565010

If anything useful is posted I'll update here.

I too have looked at the advanced timings in the nVidia control panel; have experimented with timing standards of auto-detect, general timing formula, discrete monitor timing, coordinated video timing and fixed aspect ratio timing to no avail. So far I haven't tried changing the 'Mode & timing' setting as these looked rather complex and potentially dangerous (eg. '861B (1920 x 1080 @ 59.94) - P').

I had this problem with 2 ATi cards. The way i sorted it in the end was to go into the cards advanced options in windows and where you select the AGP speed (2x etc), turn it off. Everything worked as it should and i even scored good 3Dmarks and the problem with the 2D was solved. never went into it further as to ahy it was happening, just happy it worked. :)

I've have similar problem but with a Xenic (seem's a Palit ?) 6600GT. 2d is slow but 3d work ok.
I think it's an hardware issue or incompatibility since before instaling any nvidia driver, 2d is much slower than my old radeon 9000. moving a window (without driver installed) is a pain compare to the 9000 in same situation. Once the driver loaded, I experience some slowdown especially when a background file transfer occur. I've tested on w2k & xp, all driver loaded, with different forceware versions with no help. I'm using a P4 2.4C, 512 Mo DDR 400, DFI PS83BL, ENERMAX 350 W PSU.
Pour les lecteurs francais, j'ai acheté cette carte chez ldlc, j'aimerais avoir vos experiences avec ce model, postez ici on verra apres

Hi claudio,

I've all but given up on this issue now. Tried installing VIA gart driver but nothing's changed.

Anybody got any ideas?

WOW!! Im having the same problem!! Ive been looking around for a few weeks for anyone else having this problem.

Here are my specs:
Athlon64 3700+
2x512 ddr400
K8V-SE Deluxe
6800gtoc

I upgraded from a 9800pro to a bfg 6800gtoc, first I thought it was the left over ati drivers causing the problem, but I formatted and reinstalled xp with sp2 (2149), but nothing.

I found this, but have yet to try it: http://forums.viaarena.com/messageview.aspx?catid=30&threadid=62007&STARTPAGE=1&FTVAR_FORUMVIEWTMP=Linear

I also took out the card and installed on my 2nd pc which has these specs:

P4 3.0c
4x256 ddr400
P4C800E-Deluxe motherboard

and everything ran awesome.

So I think it has something to do with the amd/nvidia combo, or just seomething about my motherboard it doesnt like. Maybe the via chipset?

I really wanna get this card to work properly, I like its sm3.0 feature which no ati card has right now. But if this crappy desktop performance cant be fixed I may have no choice but to go back to ati.

Hi fusionone,

That thread seems to be concerned with resolving lock ups?

Anyway, if you do make any headway we'd love to know!

Thanks.

Update

I've tested my 6600GT on an AMD cheap board with ecs chipset and entry level psu : the card seems to work well, with no such slowdown in 2d. My advise is try your board on a different config and see if it works. May be some some of us have incompatibility problem between the mainboard and the graphic board.

Strange indeed we have 2 x ASUS A8V Deluxe both are 939 pin AMD's both have a 6800 Nvidia card one is a GT and both of these setup's are fine, really sucks but I have no idea what it might be.

update 2

Is anyone have tried to raise the voltage in 2d and see if it helps ? Iv'e seen a little improvement in switching from 1.3 V to 1.4 V. Please post you're results.

update 2

Is anyone have tried to raise the voltage in 2d and see if it helps ? Iv'e seen a little improvement in switching from 1.3 V to 1.4 V. Please post you're results.

I know this thread is very old but I answer because it can still be found wi
th google.

I had exectly the same problem with this card and had been searching for a s
olution for months. I finally got it working with the PCI Latency Tool that'
s bundled with the "NGO NVIDIA Optimized Driver". I set the latency of the v
ideo controller to 64 and the problem was gone.

I have the same problem with Asus EN6600. I've tried everything I could think of, performance in desktop is the same as disabling hardware accelleration from display settings. You can see the icons getting redrawn. My card is PCI-E, not AGP. So I can't try the PCI latency trick suggested above.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back