• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Slipstreaming SP1

S

Sux

I have done the SP1 update from an installer file found at a LAN,
not from Windows updates.
No probs with the install ,I chose the backup install option and SP1 appears in add /remove programs as a single file.
My question is,when I am happy with SP1 how do I go about making the slipstream CD? I did'nt see any mention of it during the install and I hav'nt found anything that gives the option since the install.

damnyank

I WILL NOT FORGET 911
I have not made one yet- but I have read that quite a few folks have succesfully used the guide for Nero that Khayman linked.

S

Sux

Thanks for the answers

Looks more involved than I exspected.
I have seen the slipstream term used a bit and I thought it was how MS intended the update to be done and having it in add \remove was just an intermediate step.
Is there any proformance gians in doing the slipstream install ?
or is it just the conveniance when it comes to a reinstall?

Khayman

I'm sorry Hal...
Political User
Its just for convenience. If you ever have to reinstall XP (from scratch or repair, or anything) then you won't have to reapply the SP1 patch again

Its not really that involved, if your looking at the link i gave then it is just breaking it down a few steps in to many simple steps.

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
It's definately handy, made my slipstream CD after i'd downloaded SP1, only got round to using it yesterday after formatting, works a treat ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies