Slipstreaming SP1

S

Sux

I have done the SP1 update from an installer file found at a LAN,
not from Windows updates.
No probs with the install ,I chose the backup install option and SP1 appears in add /remove programs as a single file.
My question is,when I am happy with SP1 how do I go about making the slipstream CD? I did'nt see any mention of it during the install and I hav'nt found anything that gives the option since the install.

I have not made one yet- but I have read that quite a few folks have succesfully used the guide for Nero that Khayman linked.

Thanks for the answers

Looks more involved than I exspected.
I have seen the slipstream term used a bit and I thought it was how MS intended the update to be done and having it in add \remove was just an intermediate step.
Is there any proformance gians in doing the slipstream install ?
or is it just the conveniance when it comes to a reinstall?

i have done this, and it works fine, formatted my pc last saturday, used the CD and works perfect! :)

Its just for convenience. If you ever have to reinstall XP (from scratch or repair, or anything) then you won't have to reapply the SP1 patch again

Its not really that involved, if your looking at the link i gave then it is just breaking it down a few steps in to many simple steps.

It's definately handy, made my slipstream CD after i'd downloaded SP1, only got round to using it yesterday after formatting, works a treat ;)

yes they're great :) even better when u have a legal copy of windows xp slipstreamed with SP1 :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back