Should I get a Wii?

Should I get a Wii?

• Total voters
Aprox: i agree the titles that are out now aren't THAT great.... but they're still a blast to play. i still enjoy playing Wii Sports, even though boxing is becoming a pain in the arse. and no.... the Wii does NOT need killer apps to justify it's price. the forecast channel is supposed to be opening up in a few days.... the web browser still says "coming soon".... then there's the news channel, and the virtual console. that's all it really needs if you ask me. if anything the PS3 needs LESS killer apps to DROP it's price..... or a lot more features to justify it other than being a BluRay player.

Agreed, some of the games are fun. Twilight princesss will bring back memories of Ocarina of Time, Wii sports will let you spend hours beating the crap outta your friends or bowling or whatever (plus getting a semi decent workout). All I'm saying that is you will eventually beat Zelda (he doesnt even like zelda) and Wii sports only has so much replay value by yourself, Its not terribly exciting playing it alone. Other than that, there arent very many good games for the system yet.

Thats your opinion, I think it does need more killer apps if the price of the system was say, $199.99 I would say its most likely worth it, but right now its just to much. Those features you mentioned aren't available yet and lets be honest... you don't need a console for those either. I didn't compare it to the PS3, but in all honesty I think the PS3 isnt even worth the materials its made out of (which is weird since its worth more in parts than retail value) but you get what I'm saying. Maybe in a year when both systems mature and decent games are coming out for them it will be worth it. Right now though, I say save your money and just play it at a friends house or something.

Last edited:
They look pretty neat, and everyone I talked to that has one said it's just about the best thing since SNES so... I might get one, but they are harder to find than ps3's now :s

They look pretty neat, and everyone I talked to that has one said it's just about the best thing since SNES so... I might get one, but they are harder to find than ps3's now :s
Lol, i realize that, I walked into bestbuy asking for a wii and walked out with a ps3, which i sold 3 minutes later to my friends cousin for 700 :)

ROFL!!! you evil, evil man, Vanq.

and.... i read one thing on Gizmodo that it was rumored that there MIGHT be a price cut coming on the Wii by around $50..... and possibly more colors. not confirmed or anything..... was something that i think they said someone at a Toys 'R' Us store hinted towards. and for those of us who already have a Wii.... there are cases being worked on for it, just like the cases you find for 360's and original Xbox's and PS2's...... not just crappy stickers.

and i can officially say.... that if they come out with a clear Wii case.... i'm SOOOOO buying it. either that, or trying to squeeze it into my PC case somewhere. the thing is practically the size of an optical drive anyway..... shouldn't be TOO hard of a mod.

ROFL!!! you evil, evil man, Vanq.

and.... i read one thing on Gizmodo that it was rumored that there MIGHT be a price cut coming on the Wii by around $50..... and possibly more colors. not confirmed or anything..... was something that i think they said someone at a Toys 'R' Us store hinted towards. and for those of us who already have a Wii.... there are cases being worked on for it, just like the cases you find for 360's and original Xbox's and PS2's...... not just crappy stickers.

and i can officially say.... that if they come out with a clear Wii case.... i'm SOOOOO buying it. either that, or trying to squeeze it into my PC case somewhere. the thing is practically the size of an optical drive anyway..... shouldn't be TOO hard of a mod.
Ha!
I think ill be keeping my wii out on display, not in my computer :)
(If i can ever get one!)

i'm fine with it too.... otherwise i'd be aggrivated about it. i honestly think it's a good price for what you get. supposedly it only costs them $150 to make.... so i don't mind if they make $100 profit on it. gives them more money than Sony and MS are losing per console.

On another side note, Forecast Channel went live today.... everyone should have recieved a Wii-mail message regarding it with a conveniently placed Update button.

Why are the wiis unplayable in stores like bestbuy?

Most likely due to the controller, its wireless and they cant keep it locked down like they do with the other systems. So they are worried people might steal it, or hit someone with it... etc.

Yeah, so i was thinking.
They should at least have some sort of ingame demo.
All they have is a loop of some lady talking about how innovative the wii is...

Thats a good idea, but honestly I don't think the Wii needs any promotion. Its got all the promotion it will ever need just from word of mouth.

actually.... you CAN play it depending where you go. seeing as places like WalMart and Best Buy are rather large stores.... could be rather easy for someone to walk off with the remote and/or nunchuck. In a local EBGames (Allentown, PA), if you want to play the Wii demo console, they make you give them your drivers license before they give you the controller.

actually.... you CAN play it depending where you go. seeing as places like WalMart and Best Buy are rather large stores.... could be rather easy for someone to walk off with the remote and/or nunchuck. In a local EBGames (Allentown, PA), if you want to play the Wii demo console, they make you give them your drivers license before they give you the controller.
Yeah same here, however, they all say the wiimote is missing or out of batteries.

on another note, the Opera browser beta is launching this friday, December 22nd, and is expected to go final sometime in February.

The final version of the browser will be available in March 2007 and it may be wise to download it as soon as you can after that date. Reason is after June 2007 it will cost 500 Wii points.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back