• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

server rack to work with Dell server

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political User
At work we have some Dell xSeries servers (3 xSeries 306's) and the mounting rails that came with them. We need a server rack, square with vertical rails in front and back. I've never looked at racks before so I'm not sure if they are all compatible with our servers. With only the 3 servers we just need something probably 36"-50" tall. No need for doors or anything fancy.

Reps to anyone who can provide some good links and information. :)

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
I have never had a problem with holes being the wrong size. However, as I earlier mentioned their customer service is awesome. If you have specific questions about certain models, give them a ring.

madmatt

Bow Down to the King
Political User
There is a standard for racks. APC includes extra hardware for oddball servers. NetShelters support both HP and Dell.

mlakrid

OSNN BASSMASTER
Political User
there are many different types of rack rails systems most of them are either drilled/tapped at 8/32nds or 10/32nds

OR they have a square punched rails which require inserts to accomodate the 8/32 and 10/32 fastening screws..

there are tons of rack manufacturers... pick one and try and stay with them... we have both here and it becomes a pain to know which rack in which server room, is which type, so much so that we made an excel spreadsheet with that information... :rolleyes:

EDIT: also, try and stay consistent from one place to another with the type/size of the racks... even if they have the same rail system, you could end up with tons of 5, 6 and 7 foot racks... looks kinds goofy.... go with the tallest your spaces will allow it saves more room for working behind the racks :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix